cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foot controlers?

Marstor
Honored Guest
have Been watching trailers for touch... and have been wondering why no controlers for feet are part of this.. Like a simple controler where thumbstick controls where put at the feet..?. Sorry if im posting wrong, not a discussion type..
12 REPLIES 12

danknugz
Superstar
you have thumbs on your feet?
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

Warbloke
Superstar

Most people do not have the same dexterity in their toes as they do in their hands in order to work a trigger or thumbstick.

Whats stopping you putting the Touch on your feet anyways ?

(someone will say 'the smell' shortly... just ignore that... cause its going to happen.)

"You can't believe everything you read on the Internet " :- Abraham Lincoln 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm guessing it's just hard to track them without occlusion issues. 

YoLolo69
Trustee
Monkey Simulator was canceled recently...

Seriously, some disabled people may be interested by such device. Everybody should be able to use VR IMHO.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Greyman
Superstar
if it's just a single button you need for each foot, rudder pedals, with toe breaks, might do the job, even if they might be a little bit clunky.  You might be able to mimic walking with the rudder axis too.

Marstor
Honored Guest
Was thinking something like platforms under the feet, taking input like the thumbsticks, the whole teleporting around just seems as a step back somehow... but.. have not tryed it jet.. but still, would like an evolved fps experience forinstace..

bobzdar
Protege

Why not something that behaves like a segway?  Lean the direction you want to go, the more you lean the faster you go.

CrashFu
Consultant
I keep seeing ads on facebook for this thing: http://www.3drudder.com/ 

Looked a little awkward to me, so I didn't take much interest, but maybe this is the kind of thing you had in mind?  (also apparently it's like $180.  I feel like you could do much cheaper just modding a Wii Fit board or something, lol).

You could also use a VirZoom VR exercise bike for gamepad emulation, with pedaling for forward and backward movement  (plus triggers and buttons on the handlebars).   I doubt you'd buy one JUST for that purpose, but if the idea of VR-enabled exercise equipment sounds appealing, it's certainly worth checking out.  I have one myself. :wink:
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Stairmand
Adventurer
I use foot controllers as I only have 1 arm, it takes a lot of practice to get it right and even after years of practice it's still not intuitive. 3d rudder, frag pedals (bit crap) and Scythe all make foot controllers. I have the Scythe ones after the frag pedals broke and they are pretty good for the money, you can simply map them to keystrokes.