cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Games & ASW - Please post your hardware details & game settings that allow ASW to work for you

Edit: I've removed the list of games previously present in this post , as the ability of ASW to work well for any given game is dependent on individual hardware as well as the game's graphics settings, for example it's particularly important to achieve a steady minimum 45 FPS (see @DeanOfTheDrivers post below)

So please post your hardware details and game graphics details which achieve a good experience for you with ASW enabled.

Note, Auto-AWS is enabled by default with 1.10. To disable ASW, press CTRL+NUMPAD1 (ensure Num Lock is on), to re-enable auto-ASW press CTRL+NUMPAD4

thanks!

29 REPLIES 29

Techy111
MVP
MVP
DnD could you put fix on the way beside FI for me please 🙂
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Done. Edit... I should know but what's the current version of FI Techy?

Techy111
MVP
MVP
We are on 1.62 at the mo, plus anyone with probs then try the ctrl numpad 1 trick
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

cheers man, I added the disable/enable key-presses to the post

bigmike20vt
Visionary
I just played Elite D for 2 hrs inc planet landing. I thought it worked well...... so if that is poor implementation I cant wait to see it working (gtx980 with most recent official drivers, GeForce experience not installed)
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

@bigmike20vt, can you check frame rates with ASW as opposed to ATW?

bigmike20vt
Visionary

@bigmike20vt, can you check frame rates with ASW as opposed to ATW?

I will have a look tomorrow but logging off fore sleep. up at 6am... shit 6 hrs time.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

thanks bigmike

DeanOfTheDriver
Protege
Thanks for collecting this list. Please keep in mind that ASW while now enabled in an automatic mode is the case for 1.10, it is not always on. With software thats tuned properly for the Oculus recommended specification on rec spec or better hardware, you should never see ASW in action.

The first thing to try is to lower quality settings. This will improve performance and prevent ASW from appearing. It's very likely too high of quality settings in the game can force its activation too frequently.

Another thing to keep in mind is that ASW doesn't work well at all from sub-45 fps frame rates. The extrapolation is magnified and not a good effect. This was brought to my attention regarding DolphinVR which is pegged to 30 fps. By most people's definition 30 fps rendering is not good VR but apparently there are some people who swear by it.

Finally, another thing to take into account is the trade off between super sampling and ASW. Some people like a much higher super sampling at a lower frame rate. Others prefer high frame rate but lower visual quality. The choice is yours. I'll be monitoring this thread for more feedback! Thanks again!