cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Games for one handed person

zblq.2022
Explorer

Hello, I'm a dad that just bought a quest 2 for his son (13 years old).  He has very limited use of his right hand (he may be able to hold the controller, but is unlikely to be able to manipulate the thumbstick, buttons, or triggers).  Despite his limitations, he plays FPS on computer quite successfully and usually finds a way to make it work.  Can you suggest any games that literally only use one hand?  I can use kinesio tape to help his hand grip the controller for games like beat saber etc., which we've played before on ps4 vr, but it would be nice if there were some options where he could literally just use his left hand.

Thanks for any suggestions!

8 REPLIES 8

kojack
MVP
MVP

Pistol Whip is mostly intended as a one controller game (you can choose left or right) and the only control you need is the front trigger (no thumbsticks or buttons).

There's a lot of modifiers that can customise the game (making it easier, or harder). Like turning off obstacles, infinite ammo, invulnerable, etc.

One of my favorite games.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Thank you so much!  Definitely going to check that one out.  So far (it being Xmas day and all), he's been rocking Superhot, Beat Saber (have to use tape to hold the controller to his right hand), and later we will try pistol whip and that mini golf game that I'd been told is fine with one hand!  Appreciate the response!

Hey @zblq.2022 keep us updated on what games and experiences you find that are good for one-handed play, I’m sure there are a lot of people who will be interested. Hopefully more people will post here too.

I don’t have a massive number of games but just checked Eleven Table Tennis and that seems to be ok if you set it to serve from the paddle hand.

13700K, RTX 4070 Ti, Asus ROG Strix Z790-A Gaming, Corsair H150i Capellix, 64GB Corsair Vengence DDR5, Corsair 5000D Airflow, 4TB Samsung 870 , 2TB Samsung 990 Pro x 2, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, Quest, 2, 3, Pro

Marepinta
Honored Guest

not "games" per se, but Holofit on a bike or rower uses headset selection of things, lots of things to pick up as prizes, etc during workouts and the travels (worlds) are pretty cool.  Also Tripp meditation doesn't use the controllers.  

RiverTat2u
Honored Guest

I am a girl gamer, and I was only born with one hand myself and I have been able to play multiple games like pistol whip. I love playing poker, VR. That might not be what he’s into but it’s really fun and you can play with one hand. There is also VR chat you can go in watch movies play little games talk to other people and I was able to do that with one hand mini golf is really good beat saber. You can put it on one-handed so that comes in handy Zombieland headshot so far. I’ve been able to play that sometimes I have to pick up the other controller to touch something but it’s been working. There’s another game called RacketNX she might like I hope things work out and if anyone else knows any other games, I would love to hear about more. Thank you so much.

kojack
MVP
MVP

I'm guessing the mini golf one mentioned in here is Walkabout Mini Golf. It only uses 1 controller and you can choose either left or right. Great game too.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

thepodd
Honored Guest

Slam! is a free tennis game on App Lab. It's not a traditional tennis game as you return balls served by a ball machine and have to try and hit targets. You only need one controller and can set it to left handed. 

Controller button remapping arrived for me this week, separate from v56. Can be found under Settings>Accessibility>Mobility. 

Hopefully this will open up a few more games for single-handed play.

13700K, RTX 4070 Ti, Asus ROG Strix Z790-A Gaming, Corsair H150i Capellix, 64GB Corsair Vengence DDR5, Corsair 5000D Airflow, 4TB Samsung 870 , 2TB Samsung 990 Pro x 2, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, Quest, 2, 3, Pro