cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gender Change

DragonJetKnight
Explorer

Hey is there anyway to change the gender of your oculus home avatar person as my partner was messing around on my vr before i had a chance to set up my profile and made it a female and now i cannot find a way to change it to male

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nalex66
MVP
MVP

There is no specific gender assigned to Oculus avatars. There are some body types that look more feminine or masculine, and there are some facial features and details that can be considered traditional gender indicators, like eyes with heavier lashes, redder lips, and facial hair.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

View solution in original post

99 REPLIES 99

uppercaseLOWERCASE
Honored Guest

Having same problem, have tried editing in Quest 2, cell phone app, and online account.

DragonJetKnight
Explorer

Same i tried editing on all areas as well but all i can do is change the appearance like hair and clothes but not gender, i have put in a support enquiry to oculus and have had a reply but didn't help so i sent them more information back so hopefully something will come of it and if so i will also let you know.

VinIbz
Honored Guest

I’m having the same problem.

warfeous
Honored Guest

I have the same issue, any solution?

Hey warfeous, we understand how confusing this could be. No worries, allow us to assist you with this. We have a varying selection of options for your avatar; they differ between female and male body types including your facial features, hair, and clothing. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

How do you change gender after it has been set?  Try setting it once, then changing it.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

There is no specific gender assigned to Oculus avatars. There are some body types that look more feminine or masculine, and there are some facial features and details that can be considered traditional gender indicators, like eyes with heavier lashes, redder lips, and facial hair.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

No real issue they keep telling me there is no gender their is just different body types and so forth but 1 it asked my sex and 2 the pose my avatar makes is very feminine or very gay in a stereotypical way

that is all wrong you ask for peoples sex, so why is there no way to change it? and why is the pose the avatar doing very feminine because my partner said female and im male and even if i change the body type its still posing in the same way. FIGURE IT OUT AND FIX IT GEEZ JUST ADD A SEX CHANGE OPTION THEN ITS DONE HOW HARD IS THAT SERIOUSLY