cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gender Change

DragonJetKnight
Explorer

Hey is there anyway to change the gender of your oculus home avatar person as my partner was messing around on my vr before i had a chance to set up my profile and made it a female and now i cannot find a way to change it to male

99 REPLIES 99

Then why do you ask if I’m a male or female. I understand you’re creating a virtual world but we live in the real world. 

Exactly 

@LocoLukee absolutely you're right, it's been a little while since I voted on UserVoice and it's now the Ideas section.

I'd remind members though that the same principal applies, this forum only works well when people consider everyone here.

What we don't want is everyone bumping their own threads, competing with each other, intentionally or incidentally supressing other topics. It's not good forum etiquette and against the rules.

SketchyVillager
Explorer

Ive ran into the exact same problem unfortunately. I found the option to update my gender, but it doesnt save. Im forever stuck as my female parter I guess. Lmao. 

I also ran into this problem. I think the most annoying thing is Moderators and Oculus reps seem to ignore everyone. It's a very simple request, have more feminine and masculine body types to choose from.

I think you mis-understand the function of moderators.

Moderators are here to ensure that the forum continues to operate well for everyone, in this case that means that no single issue that anyone has with software takes precedence over anyone else's issue.

I intervened here because if everyone advocated bumping the thread relating to their own issue each day (which is what one member said they'd do), because they thought their request for change wasn't happening, then the forum would stop functioning completely.... for everyone including you.

Moderators aren't here to solve software problems although if we know how to help people, or answer questions, we'll do that too.

Vintage_Shoey
Protege

I understand the function of a moderator. My point was related to the numerous replies that there are many options such as facial features to customize an Avatar. These kind of responses completely ignore what people are complaining about. Responses like those frustrate users that's why you are addressing comments from people advocating bumping threads. While these were from Oculus support, your function while correct also frustrates users because they feel like they are not being heard or given a valid avenue to address their concern.

Well you accused Moderators of ignoring everyone, that's not quite the same as frustrating people with their responses.

If certain responses aren't to your liking, that's the nature of forums I'm afraid. Moderators are allowed to make suggestions, just the same as everyone else, provided they're within the rules... just like everyone else.

If a moderator explains that gender isn't assigned to avatars, when clearly some people thought they had been, then that's as valid a response as any other, even if you don't like it.

If moderators ignore a thread, that's generally a good sign that members are discussing things well. My responses in this thread have been about the way the forum can be misused with a reminder to follow the rules. With that in mind I suggest you return to the topic & I can go back to ignoring the thread ( in a good way 🙂 )

Vintage_Shoey
Protege

No read my message again and maybe you're missing the point of moderators. What they shouldn't be doing is arguing with customers, especially when they have valid points..

We're all customers including moderators... we're customers who have also volunteered to moderate to keep the forum running within the rules. If the purpose of mentioning the moderators in your post was to vent your frustration on them I suggest that's not a good idea.

Once again please return to the topic. Thanks