cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gender Change

DragonJetKnight
Explorer

Hey is there anyway to change the gender of your oculus home avatar person as my partner was messing around on my vr before i had a chance to set up my profile and made it a female and now i cannot find a way to change it to male

99 REPLIES 99

nalex66
MVP
MVP

At no point does the avatar creator ask for your gender.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

if that is the case why are so many people having the exact same issue???

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Google it. You’ll find plenty of articles talking about the fact that there are no assigned genders in the Oculus avatar system. Some people feel that the avatars are not manly enough, but that’s how they are.

Here’s a screencap of a search; you can see one article from this year about the newest avatar system, and another from the old system 5 years ago, both mentioning that there are no specific genders for avatars. There never have been in the three different avatar systems we’ve had.

A0E2A5BC-7218-4B13-9361-73EA5E6C9F18.jpeg

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking the same thing as you.  The male avatars look very female.  Even with beards and short hair.  They just look like a lady with short hair and a beard.  You can change the clothes and that helps a bit but yeah... This is the main reason I don't play Horizon... I just don't like the avatars. They are way too feminine.  Pixar doesn't have this problem so I'm not entirely sure why Oculus can't seem to make guy avatars look like guys.  I suspect their art department has some sort of PC agenda. 

We do love hearing feedback from the community about our experiences. We want to make them as good as possible so everyone can be who they want in VR. Click HERE to visit Oculus UserVoice and make your voice heard on this!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

This does not answer the original or follow-up questions. Once an avatar gender body type is chosen, how can it be changed to a different gender (not just different proportions and styles)?

I have the same issue, my kid's grandmother got on and setup the avatar to look like her and my son wants to change it back.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is not true. My avatar only has female or butch clothing choices and very femine body types.

Hi everyone, we understand there is some confusion surrounding avatar genders on your Oculus accounts. Earlier this year we released a new version of Oculus avatars that allows you to edit virtually all features to allow you to look the way you want to be perceived in VR. Anyone can have a beard, or wrinkles, or whatever you want.

There is no gender toggle to choose between male and female. It's about choosing the right features that fit you. If you feel like there should be more options to choose from, you are more than welcome to leave a suggestion here. We hope this helps clear things up. ☺👍

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I am having the same issue.  When I first bought my Oculus, I selected the opposite gender, but now I cannot change the body type.  Very strange.  I can see that I can adjust all sorts of features, but the body types and stance are very unusual.

I KNOW OCULUS CHANGE IT NOW