cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going back to the old home

cybernettr
Superstar
 I like the new oculus home, but I am getting poor performance in some of my games—I know the new home is still in beta. I notice definite stuttering in Robo Recall, NVIDIA Funhouse and others. VR Sports Challenge is completely unplayable. So I want to try going back to the  old home and see if these problems are resolved.  I’m wondering how that works. If you abandon the beta test, and then go back to it later, do you lose all the customizations you made to your home?  How about when the final version comes out?  I would hate to lose my customizations,  but I do want to find out where the slowdown is coming from. 
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your home and all its belongings will be waiting for you when you come back 🙂

elboffor
Consultant
I concur, i did this recently for the purposes of science
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

danknugz
Superstar
wow, i didnt know that upgrading to this new home thing would actually affect performance in games - is that a verified fact? hard to believe that.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

LZoltowski
Champion

danknugz said:

wow, i didnt know that upgrading to this new home thing would actually affect performance in games - is that a verified fact? hard to believe that.

Hasn't affected me one bit. There are a lot of factors at play.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Digikid1
Consultant
I found that a few games would not launch at all until I switched back to the Classic Home.  Mind you these were SteamVR purchases but still.....

cybernettr
Superstar

danknugz said:

All I know is, the slowdown occurred simultaneously to when I signed up for the beta. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been on the new Home with the Public Test Channel since it became available. I have not noticed any negative impact on my game performance.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I have a mere 980 in my Rig, and the new Home has not impacted my gameplay in any negative way whatsoever. Not even after I made my small bathroom

😛