cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going to get a 4 sensor setup

god_alom
Adventurer
So I'm gonna get a 4 sensor setup. But I have some questions I need to ask, whats the added benefit having a 4 sensor setup instead of 3? And instead of attaching the sensors to the ceiling or wall I'm going to attach it to a camera pole/tripod, is this right?
7 REPLIES 7

jayhawk
Superstar
Only added benefit is increased play space. If you aren't going for larger room scale there is no added benefit. Not sure I would mount cameras on something that can move easily. If they get moved it might throw everything off. There are poles that extend like shower rods between the floor and ceiling for mounting. Might want to use those instead.

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
If it worked right like mine did before 1.12 update the benefits are huge my room is 2.5m × 2.1 m with 4 sensors onwards was awesome on loss of hands even when led down with 3 sensors loss of hands is a regular occurance  when pointing away from the cams or near the floor towards the rear

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
xlny7e0gd7ro.jpg

ShocksVR
Superstar

Galuz said:

So I'm gonna get a 4 sensor setup. But I have some questions I need to ask, whats the added benefit having a 4 sensor setup instead of 3? And instead of attaching the sensors to the ceiling or wall I'm going to attach it to a camera pole/tripod, is this right?

From reading the Oculus Blogs regarding roomscale, the question is does your computer have enough USB controllers for 4 sensors?  Also, I believe the recommended room-scale setup is 3 sensors.

This link is only 1 of 4 blog posts regarding the matter
https://www.oculus.com/blog/oculus-roomscale-balancing-bandwidth-on-usb/

i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

kevink808
Superstar
I've found no benefit from 4. I have 4 mounted and 3 in use. 10 x 10, floor to ceiling 9ft, tracking is near flawless. I'm using my 4th sensor as a spare part in reserve.
Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.

Arock387
Heroic Explorer
Oculus have said they wont be developing with 4 sensors in mind and wont be supporting it.  You may just be wasting money at the moment.  I would wait, I was going to do the same but. They are having enough issues with 3 plus with them saying they wont be doing any updates to fix 4 sensor setups i decided not to get it.

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
Oculus actually state that the next update  will chave a fix for 3 or more sensors so hopefully I'll get 4 working sweet again