cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphic Card Compatibility

PeaceSchool
Explorer

Hi,

I am planning on purchasing a graphics card to connect my headset to my PC, and want to make sure it is compatible with Oculus.  Several other posts on this forum have said there are issues with using faster, better graphics cards than the recommended ones. 

This is the card I want to use: 

MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDRR6 192-bit HDMI/DP 1710 MHz Boost 

https://www.meta.com/help/quest/articles/headsets-and-accessories/oculus-rift-s/recommended-gpu/

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

PITTCANNA
Visionary

While It will work, I would go with a 3060 ti, it will be a better experience.

View solution in original post

It should be fine, albeit a little underpowered for demanding games. Recent high-powered cards are often reported as incompatible (because Meta is somehow incapable of the list of supported cards more than once or twice a year), but work fine.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

PITTCANNA
Visionary

While It will work, I would go with a 3060 ti, it will be a better experience.

Great! Thanks for the reply! Do you know if it is compatible with Oculus Quest Direct Link software?  I've seen posts on this forum about higher performance graphics cards that aren't recognized as compatible with Direct Link. I'm purchasing a large quantity for a classroom and need Direct Link to work with it and the Oculus Headsets.  

It should be fine, albeit a little underpowered for demanding games. Recent high-powered cards are often reported as incompatible (because Meta is somehow incapable of the list of supported cards more than once or twice a year), but work fine.

PeaceSchool
Explorer

Thank you!!😊