cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Reverb G2 Available Pre-orders UP - November Release Date Confirmed

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Just ordered mine the price is £525 including VAT & Shipping to UK. 

https://systemactive.co.uk/online/hp-reverb-g2/

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
1,930 REPLIES 1,930

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

Zenbane said:

RedRizla said:
Out of all the VR headsets I've tried I think Oculus Cv1 was the best one for me, but even that came with it's problems at first.

It's great that after so many years, the Rift CV1 is still such a great headset. That's what I love about the Reverb products. They seem to pay homage to what Rift accomplished.

I agree - But HP seem to have taken good idea's from both the Oculus and Valve headsets this time around.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

RedRizla said:

Zenbane said:

RedRizla said:
Out of all the VR headsets I've tried I think Oculus Cv1 was the best one for me, but even that came with it's problems at first.

It's great that after so many years, the Rift CV1 is still such a great headset. That's what I love about the Reverb products. They seem to pay homage to what Rift accomplished.

I agree - But HP seem to have taken good idea's from both the Oculus and Valve headsets this time around.

HP is like a VR Ninja! Reverb G2 has so much potential. The hype train is real.

maxpare79
Trustee
I just preordered mine, I wish this kind of headset was done by Oculus considering my massive Oculus home library, but I have waited long enough for a real successor, and there's none on the horizon either.

At this price point, this is exactly what I was looking for. To me the Index always has been way overpriced for what it is (1500$ here in Canada). I can basically get this for 500-600 less. BTW if you are in Canada there are no preorders as of now, and maybe there won't ever be, Voodooimax the HP rep on reddit says it's completely out of their hands and up to partners (for Canada it's CDW). The G1 arrived here 7 months later, so I am not taking that chance.  found a way to preorder it anyway. This combine with SW Squadron is the most excited I have been for VR in 2 years. 
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

inovator
Consultant

maxpare79 said:

I just preordered mine, I wish this kind of headset was done by Oculus considering my massive Oculus home library, but I have waited long enough for a real successor, and there's none on the horizon either.

At this price point, this is exactly what I was looking for. To me the Index always has been way overpriced for what it is (1500$ here in Canada). I can basically get this for 500-600 less. BTW if you are in Canada there are no preorders as of now, and maybe there won't ever be, Voodooimax the HP rep on reddit says it's completely out of their hands and up to partners (for Canada it's CDW). The G1 arrived here 7 months later, so I am not taking that chance.  found a way to preorder it anyway. This combine with SW Squadron is the most excited I have been for VR in 2 years. 

I hope I don't have to wait that long. But I won't chance a pre order.

inovator
Consultant

Zenbane said:

RedRizla said:

Zenbane said:

RedRizla said:

HP is like a VR Ninja! Reverb G2 has so much potential. The hype train is real.

Finally we agree on something!

maxpare79
Trustee

inovator said:

maxpare79 said:

I sold my S a while back, before SW was announced, and the problem with VR multiplayer games is if you wait too long, you will probably be alone to play it. My friends who still have their VR headsets are all ready, so I had no choice, it was either this or buy a Rift S again. The Index like I said is way overpriced for what it is, so the G2 was my last option for an upgrade. DAMN YOU SW Squadrons!!!
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

inovator
Consultant

maxpare79 said:

inovator said:

maxpare79 said:

I sold my S a while back, before SW was announced, and the problem with VR multiplayer games is if you wait too long, you will probably be alone to play it. My friends who still have their VR headsets are all ready, so I had no choice, it was either this or buy a Rift S again. The Index like I said is way overpriced for what it is, so the G2 was my last option for an upgrade. DAMN YOU SW Squadrons!!!

Luckily I mostly do pavlov which will exist for a long time. My main thing are vr games non multiplayer. Squadrans will be awsome with this.  

pyroth309
Visionary

RuneSR2 said:

I'm not trying to push any negative agenda, but I've been on the hype train so many times before - and it did not always end well. Maybe Sebastian is right, personally I hope he is and that the G2 will be great - but Sebastian being extremely positive about a product received free from the manufacturer, which even isn't the final hardware, can easily look biased. 

And one could ask, why did HP send Sebastian an early pre-production unit, if it wasn't for the sole purpose of increasing pre-orders? Like I wrote before, personally I like to see reviews of the final hardware - especially from users who paid for the hardware with their own money (also to see if the hardware works great on a lot of different rigs). But to each his own 🙂

Perhaps they sent him one because they saw how much he skewered the Pimax 8kX they sent him and wanted an honest opinion. Seems legit to me since he doesn't get to keep the G2.

Sebastian is just a single factor though. For me, I just wanted to see the tracking in action and to get a good look at the actual headset. Where the cable is going to be hanging, how the face plate looks etc. It all looks good to me. I would have still preordered even if another infamous VR youtuber with a swedish accent was ripping it.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

pyroth309 said:

bkl0xxf5enj9.gif

What's strange about this forum's activity in 2020, is that the people driving the Derail Train are also the ones asking others to remain on the tracks. Not to mention the epic level of arguing over the meaning of very simple words, on top of debating how many times Oculus types the letter "Q" vs the letter "R" in order to uncover fictional cryptic meanings.

Thanks, Covid19.

Anywho,

pyroth309 said:
Sebastian is just a single factor though. For me, I just wanted to see the tracking in action and to get a good look at the actual headset. Where the cable is going to be hanging, how the face plate looks etc. It all looks good to me.

I am most interested in the Tracking and overall durability. Like, being able to get it nice and sweaty in VR Boxing over and over and over. My Rift CV1 has taken quite the beating all these years, and it's still sexy af.

Durability and consistency tend to be the factors most important to me; in terms of the physical hardware and tracking capabilities. While visuals are least important to me (e.g. God Rays and SDE have never diminished the immersion nor sense of presence for me).

The only reason I'm not jumping to pre-order this lovely Gen 2 Reverb is because Oculus Connect is right around the corner. I want to be sure that there are no plans to release a new Oculus PCVR headset; whether in the form of a new Rift or some Quest Hybrid where PCVR is native (not merely integrated with a cable or localized App).

maxpare79
Trustee

Zenbane said:

pyroth309 said:

bkl0xxf5enj9.gif

What's strange about this forum's activity in 2020, is that the people driving the Derail Train are also the ones asking others to remain on the tracks. Not to mention the epic level of arguing over the meaning of very simple words, on top of debating how many times Oculus types the letter "Q" vs the letter "R" in order to uncover fictional cryptic meanings.

Thanks, Covid19.

Anywho,

pyroth309 said:
Sebastian is just a single factor though. For me, I just wanted to see the tracking in action and to get a good look at the actual headset. Where the cable is going to be hanging, how the face plate looks etc. It all looks good to me.

I am most interested in the Tracking and overall durability. Like, being able to get it nice and sweaty in VR Boxing over and over and over. My Rift CV1 has taken quite the beating all these years, and it's still sexy af.

Durability and consistency tend to be the factors most important to me; in terms of the physical hardware and tracking capabilities. While visuals are least important to me (e.g. God Rays and SDE have never diminished the immersion nor sense of presence for me).

The only reason I'm not jumping to pre-order this lovely Gen 2 Reverb is because Oculus Connect is right around the corner. I want to be sure that there are no plans to release a new Oculus PCVR headset; whether in the form of a new Rift or some Quest Hybrid where PCVR is native (not merely integrated with a cable or localized App).

I sold my Rift S the same price I paid for it during the Alyx release, there is not much risk buying this and getting whatever Oculus has down the pipe later. I doubt I will loose much money, if that happens. Unless the G2 turns out to be the Cosmos 2.0 lol.