cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hacking and antivirus

avalonVE
Honored Guest
For the first time since I use internet, my pc has been attacked.

This morning I noticed a new and strange screen when I tried to access the bank.
I became suspicious and called the customer service from which I had confirmation that it was a scam attempt.
Luckily nothing happened, I had the codes blocked, I sent a message to the police post and I will "disinfect" the pc, but this reminded me that the Internet is always present in danger, especially for us who trade.

I'm not telling you anything new, we all know it, but I think that remembering it does not hurt ... open eyes and better to check if you have even the slightest doubt.

How do you defend yourself? What antivirus do you use? Which one do you think is the best?
I currently have Microsoft Security Essentials, in the past I tried Avast and Kaspersky (but the latter greatly slowed down my PC).
Or you can refer to the Antivirus recommended in this article, please tell me what is the best choice? https://pc4u.org/best-antivirus-for-windows/

3 REPLIES 3

darkeclypse
Protege
Go with eset smart security. Small foot print and wont slow your pc 

Even has a special page to access for doing banking safely online.

Has everything included like antivirus,internet security and more.

Been using eset for many years.

May find it cheaper at newegg or amazon..

Digikid1
Consultant
Norton, McAfree, AVG.....are absolute GARBAGE.  I sell only ESET at my store and when I see that someone has been infected with Norton McAfee or AVG I call them immediately and explain to them why they are so bad.  ESET is far superior.

Microsoft Security Essentials is junk as well.  I remember when it first came out.....it was designed to get rid of threats and to destroy the source of the threats......the next morning NOBODY that had MSE had Internet Explorer.  MSE declared Internet Explorer as a threat and had deleted it.  I never laughed so hard in my LIFE.  How embarrassing for Microsoft.  LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup, everything that they said. ESET Smart Security is the best there is and has been for some time too.