cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone tried using HDMI&USB extenders with the DK2?

yomer
Level 3
Has anyone successfully tried using the DK2 with active HDMI and USB extenders?

Any recommendations for an optimal setup? I guess I'm looking at adding 6 more meters to the current length.
4 REPLIES 4

Dreamwriter
Level 8
HDMI you're fine, but the USB standard has a max limit of 5 meters total. You'll need a powered USB hub to extend that another 5 meters, and another USB hub for the next 5 meters. Not sure if that would affect latency.

Inertio
Level 2
Using extenders with the DK2 is not supported, and will probably not work.
- cybereality
DK2 ordered on March 19, 2014 at 09:50 AM PDT status: DELIVERED and I scratched the lenses within the first hour, f*** me 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable
"Inertio" wrote:
cybereality: "Using extenders with the DK2 is not supported, and will probably not work."
- Source

I'm pretty sure the answer was don't as the existing cables are set to an optimal length and extending the cables might lead to loss of quality and potentially introduce latency.

Inertio
Level 2
"V8Griff" wrote:
"Inertio" wrote:
cybereality: "Using extenders with the DK2 is not supported, and will probably not work."
- Source

I'm pretty sure the answer was don't as the existing cables are set to an optimal length and extending the cables might lead to loss of quality and potentially introduce latency.

I edited my post here, added the full quote and the source. So yeah, please don't extend your cables. Or extend your cables at your own risk and report back, but don't moan about an increased latency or something. :lol:
DK2 ordered on March 19, 2014 at 09:50 AM PDT status: DELIVERED and I scratched the lenses within the first hour, f*** me 😄