cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Bad is Oculus Support??

snorbitz
Protege
Spent the last 7 Days trying to get my free Touch games and still not any closer!!!

Been asked for Order numbers, Oculus User name, shipping addresses , serial numbers, Pictures of the serial  Numbers, now they are asking for a picture of the Feckin Box!!!!!! 

Is it really that Hard????

Just gimmie my Games!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rant over...

35 REPLIES 35

cybereality
Grand Champion
Looks like the last response was from support asking you for a picture of the serial number on the box. This is needed to verify that you are the owner. Sorry for all the back and forth, but I'd recommend just providing what the support agent asks for. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

snorbitz
Protege
But i gave them Pictures of the Serial numbers from inside the Controllers themselves.
It is just so frustrating that it has taken 7 days and they are still requesting information.
I will send the requested picture when i get home, but i may go Postal if they ask for anything else...

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, I understand your frustration (but, please, don't go Postal). We will be fixing the root cause of this issue but it's not resolved yet. So, in the meantime, we have a somewhat manually process that requires obtaining information from customers, such as the serial number from the box. Sorry for the inconvenience.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

TazX14
Protege

Yes, I understand your frustration (but, please, don't go Postal). We will be fixing the root cause of this issue but it's not resolved yet. So, in the meantime, we have a somewhat manually process that requires obtaining information from customers, such as the serial number from the box. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm sorry but it's clearly evident from the numerous posts on the forums that Oculus customer service is unsatisfactory at the very least. Long wait times, dissatisfied customers who after dealing with customer service were left with few or unacceptable results seem to be the norm. Just recently I had a run in and it took nearly two weeks to get absolutely no results so I can clearly relate to Snorbitz. The only thing Oculus in general seems to know how to do anymore is to ask people to just keep waiting until they either forget or give up, as evidenced by the sales of the hardware. Numerous times I've supported the hardware, which is a great little machine, but backed by the services offered it's hard to recommend. It would be nice to see you guys step things up and do a better job overall, but come on. A lot of people have supported this platform for years with new adopters supporting Oculus for nearly a full year blindly on the hopes that when the touch controllers released, things would finally be sorted only to run into just as many issues as when the headset was first announced for pre-order.

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

TazX14 said:

only to run into just as many issues as when the headset was first announced for pre-order.

I agree.  This is completely unacceptable, I've run into just as many issues with the Touch support and hardware as I did with the Rift!

That is, the preorder rejected my address, support fixed it and then when I received the hardware it worked perfectly.

TunTun2012
Honored Guest
I need an answer badly because after a week of game play my oculus made me run a setup but everytime it shows the try again or skip screen then it says my headset isn't connected but when I check my devices it is

TunTun2012
Honored Guest
It also says invalid bundle adlustment

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer
I had a good experience with their customer service.
=/
I dont like the free games anyways, so you are not missing much.

Hornet_F4C
Adventurer

Well, I had two inquiries so far and support has been great to me in both cases!