cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I have a virtual desktop without a monitor connected?

Tatts4Life1
Honored Guest
I have a desktop that I use almost exclusively for playing VR. When I'm done playing I just go into Virtual Desktop and shut the computer down using that. Unfortunately it requires me to have a monitor connected so that virtual desktop can work. Does anyone know how I can use Virtual Desktop without having to plug in an actual monitor?
3 REPLIES 3

tomppa76
Honored Guest
I would like to know as well???

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Google '  monitor emulator  ' and see what's available in your area.  I don't know if these actually work or not and I kinda do not see the point in using them.  Maybe you have a good reason?
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

yuzuhaz0
Explorer
You can buy headless ghost. Then hook it to one of your graphic card hdmi port. It will fake a monitor. Then you can use  virtual desktop without a real monitor or use it as a 2nd monitor and have 2 screen in virtual desktop. That how i'm doing it. If using quest 2. I would change resolution to 1920x 1080 at 90hz to match the quest refesh rate. I just think that resolution is best readable resolution.