cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I view my FBX/OBJ files in AR with passthrough like the Varjo XR3

hypraditya
Level 3

Hi!

I am looking to achieve something like the below video using the Meta Quest pro 

https://vimeo.com/481737108?embedded=true&source=video_title&owner=67395350

Is this possible to do using the Quest Pro? I believe VRED has a way of doing this but only with Varjo headsets, is there another way of achieving this? Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Gravity Sketch is one of the Quest Pro launch titles. I haven't tried it yet but according to their website, you can import a number of common file types including obj fbx collada and blend.

I'll test it out today if I get a chance.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v21H2 (19044.2075)

Thanks for the reply 🙂

Does gravity sketch allow for AR viewing of these file formats?

Thanks!

Yep, I've just had a quick go on it but I need to save and import a few different objects from my other 3D modelling programs to see how it handles them.

You should get a pop-up asking if you want to use mixed reality or stick with the VR environment.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v21H2 (19044.2075)

Awesome!! I’d love to know how these other file formats work out for you in GS!

Cheers!