cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does the warranty work? And question about accounts

DARKKi
Level 4
I bought my Oculus/Touch set used and the seller said that warranty things would have to go trough him. Is this right?

He also lent me his Oculus Account and i can see that there is Rift registered there so if the thing i ask in first line is true would the warranty work for me directly if he would give me his account?

I meant to post this in support but i do not see any way to delete or move this post :neutral:

..:: DARKKi / NZTi! ::..
Ninja Zero - Prototype v0.4b "ssdd"
6 REPLIES 6

madamluck
Level 7
I think if he gave you his proof of purchase like receipts and such then you wouldn't have to go through him as the middle man. I could be wrong but I think it would work.And  the whole lending of his account is weird to me. I think he should hand it over to you permanently imo 

madamluck
Level 7
Also you may want to check the warranty terms.... you may not be entitled to the warranty if you buy from an unauthorized seller of their products. 

DARKKi
Level 4

madamluck said:

I think if he gave you his proof of purchase like receipts and such then you wouldn't have to go through him as the middle man. I could be wrong but I think it would work.And  the whole lending of his account is weird to me. I think he should hand it over to you permanently imo 

Thanks for these infos!

Yeah but he spent over 100€ to games so now i am negotiating about the account. It sucks since i too purchased few games on mine :neutral:

madamluck
Level 7
It sounds like a headache to me. im assuming you bought games on his account? If you wanted to say the hell with the warranty then you could offer him some more money for the games he bought, not at full price . But you are in a pickle! I hope you can both work this out .. good luck! 

DARKKi
Level 4

madamluck said:

It sounds like a headache to me. im assuming you bought games on his account? If you wanted to say the hell with the warranty then you could offer him some more money for the games he bought, not at full price . But you are in a pickle! I hope you can both work this out .. good luck! 

I meant he has bought and wanted to lend his account for a while to check out all the VR stuff :smile: And i bought few things on my own account but not much though. Gotta see if i can get the account for myself :smiley:

There is name you cannot change anywhere though is there?

madamluck
Level 7
I'm not understanding your question.. if you asking if you change the name of the account?  you can change the name of an account once every 6 months