cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long till the sale is over?

Alderson15
Protege
I bought the rift and a 3rd sensor about a month ago from bestbuy and got tired of it within a couple weeks. I'm looking to sell it since I've opened it and don't think I can return it after I've opened it?

I'm hoping the sale ends so that I can list it for a bit more than if the sale was still on.
4 REPLIES 4

Richooal
Consultant

I bought the rift and a 3rd sensor about a month ago from bestbuy and got tired of it within a couple weeks. I'm looking to sell it

Sounds a bit impulsive.
In another couple of weeks some new game or app might come along that you'd really like to look at. Since you've already spent the money, why not hang onto it? It'll cost you more to buy back in again.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer
You don't like it?? Have you even tried Mage's Tale or Lone Echo?? Oh dear.. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
It's a used Rift so it doesn't really matter when the sale ends; as I doubt anyone will want to pay anything short of 50%-60% of its retail value. Plus, anyone buying a used Rift runs the risk of losing the warranty. Nowhere worth the risk, imo.

I can't see anyone getting bored with VR in a couple of weeks, or even a couple of months. Years maybe. My guess is that you intentionally bought it hoping to make a profit due to the sale (buy low, sell high). You shouldn't have opened it if that was your intention :#

Atmos73 said:

I reckon now the Vive is down to £600 the Rift will remain at £400 to keep the price differential. 

The Vive doesn't count anymore, so the Rift can sale for any price until a new competitor shows up 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable
 Sounds like you buy concert tickets at pre-release and then sell them to poor schmucks for over inflated prices...