cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Oculus headset can I connect to a single powerfull PC simultaniuosly?

robvaz5857
Honored Guest
Hey guys, I'm an educational software developer and I want to know how many Oculus Googles can be connected and used at the ssame time to a single powerfull PC? I want to build a laboratory and I want to know if can use a server with terminals and connect multiples Oculus headset at the same time with differents desktops(users)? I will buy a couple hundreds if it works to a single PC.
26 REPLIES 26

NilamYT
Explorer
Depends on how powerful you are talking here...

kojack
MVP
MVP
The Oculus runtime only supports a single headset on a PC.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
What if you have a double headset, won't it be able to support it?

ElusiveMarlin
Rising Star

I had a similar question, as when I watch a film on SkyboxVR I would be good if I can watch a film with my partner in our own private cinema!

Thought about buying a USB & HDMI Y-splitter and connecting two headsets to the feed.

But IF that would work I assume only one headset would control the viewpoint?

RIFT CV1
RIFT S
Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."

nalex66
MVP
MVP

I had a similar question, as when I watch a film on SkyboxVR I would be good if I can watch a film with my partner in our own private cinema!

Thought about buying a USB & HDMI Y-splitter and connecting two headsets to the feed.

But IF that would work I assume only one headset would control the viewpoint?

That won’t work, each headset needs its own PC. You can watch movies together with other users in apps like Big Screen Beta. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Digikid1
Consultant
To make things PERFECTLY CLEAR...

ONE PC = ONE Headset.

LZoltowski
Champion
Don't think it's possible but. mind you, someone hooked up a Vive and a Rift to a single computer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhlORg8rrNU
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Wow, I'd never have thought of doing that. Could this be the beginning of a beautiful relationship? (that's a rhetorical btw in case anyone is thinking of a bait post).

Very clever though.

LZoltowski
Champion
You can also build a PC that runs two GPU's on one CPU with two different windows instances using Virtualisation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuJYMCbIbPk

Not sure if the Rift would support that! In theory, it should.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂