cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How's Revive with Oculus library?

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer
Due to alarming news of Fackbook discontinuing sale of crucial components like HDMI cables (they already only list left controller and no right one on the accessories page) I refuse to be victim to a perfectly working EXPENSIVE piece of hardware becoming a brick!
I have decided against waiting for something better than Rift S so I could preserve my library of games. I haven't purchased a game on Oculus Store in probably a year or more just because it seems like waste of money in case I can't use a headset other than their own. 
Therefore I have decided to sell my equipment to an unsuspecting sucker while it still works. Unfortunately that leaves me with rather big library of games I've spent my hard earned money on and I am curious to what extent is Revive an option right now? Is it 100% of games or less? If less what is the percentage of games that work? How problematic is use of Revive? 
2 REPLIES 2

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Revive works fine for the majority of games, but I prefer oled and asw 2.0 for the Oculus exclusives. So much that I bought another CV1 for backup, even though I also own the Index.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer

RuneSR2 said:

Revive works fine for the majority of games, but I prefer oled and asw 2.0 for the Oculus exclusives. So much that I bought another CV1 for backup, even though I also own the Index.

I really wanted to keep my set, but with the ridiculous situation with accessories they're simply making it impossible! The Accessories should be available for at least 7 years, let's say from the release time. You know after 7 you will either move on or it just reached the end of it's usefulness. I have now 4 years (the cord has more and more kinks in it). If I still use it in 3, then if something breaks and I cannot find parts it will make me to move on. But this is NOT how to make yourself loyal customers.
They've been pissing me off with their decisions for awhile now. I'm curious what is the % of returning users that upgraded the hardware? Not new buyers unaware what Fackbook might be doing to them behind the doors.
And adding insult to injury now they're selling refurbs of CV1 on their website, but not ALL accessories!!!

How many games do not work for you on Revive from your library? And wouldn't index controllers emulate the Rift controllers fully? 

EDIT: Found this in another thread. I urge everyone with CV1 to let them know, this is not right!
https://oculus.uservoice.com/forums/918556-oculus-rift-s-and-rift/suggestions/38506144