cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable the health and safety warning completely (very easy)

assettomio
Adventurer
After I read today someone asking on here if there was any way to disable the annoying health and safety warning thingy every time you put on your headset I thought I'd look into it a bit, because I too think it's very annoying, it would be fine if it was just once or twice, but every time you put your rift on, you have acknowledge the thing again..

Disabling it turns out to actually be very easy, although I do not take any responsibility if you do something wrong, or it ends up doing something wrong.. It works without problems for me though..

First in the search bar type in: regedit
Press enter
Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Then go to: SOFTWARE
Then go to: Oculus VR, LLC
Then click on the folder: LibOVR
In the right panel rightclick, and then click on New > DWORD (32bits)-value
Name the new Dword value: HSWToggleEnabled
Then double click the newly created HSWToggleEnabled value, and change the 0 to a 1
Close the registry editor
Reboot the pc
????????
Profit

Ps, I don't know how oculus feels about this, since the health and safety warning is probably there for legal reasons, so if an admin wants this removed, then by all means please do so
13 REPLIES 13

Mace404
Heroic Explorer
This is how you could disable it with the DK2/older runtime.
Does not work anymore. 

assettomio
Adventurer
Yes it does, they didn't change or remove the function, they just moved it to a different location, actually libovr is moved to a different location..
Just try it and you'll see

Baz_uK
Expert Protege
It is annoying....might try this though I find the 'your pc is too crap to enjoy VR' more annoying. My PC is perfectly fine, it's just an old type CPU. 

assettomio
Adventurer

Baz_uK said:

It is annoying....might try this though I find the 'your pc is too crap to enjoy VR' more annoying. My PC is perfectly fine, it's just an old type CPU. 

I wouldn't know about that mate, don't have that problem.. But you could check out this thread and try the third post https://forums.oculus.com/vip/discussion/32464/disable-your-computer-doesnt-meet-rifts-recommended-specifications-message-in-oculus-home

You might run into some trouble though later on cuz of the sensors, but I dunno

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer
This does not exist 
LibOVR

kojack
MVP
MVP
I couldn't get this to work.

But monitoring the registry access shows that the oculus server does try to find HKLM\SOFTWARE\Oculus VR, LLC\LibOVR\AswEnabled
That might be useful (but unrelated).

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

assettomio
Adventurer

kojack said:

I couldn't get this to work.

But monitoring the registry access shows that the oculus server does try to find HKLM\SOFTWARE\Oculus VR, LLC\LibOVR\AswEnabled
That might be useful (but unrelated).

Thats strange, it works perfectly fine for me.. And its unrelated i suppose because asw doesnt have anything to do with it, but if you would have an aswenable registry key in your registry, then it should be located in the same place.. libovr

assettomio
Adventurer
Actually now that you mention it, it worked fine yesterday, but for some reason today it's back

Mace404
Heroic Explorer
Like I said, this is the method for the old runtime. If you Google the reg key you see articles from 2014/15 mentioning the exact location you show here.
It doesn't work anymore since 1.x. The reason you think it works is because there is a timeout on showing the warning.