cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hunting / Fishing Games

JaggerWolf
Expert Protege
So my father has always loved hunting & fishing games - way back to the sega days. I let him try out the DK2 the other day and of course he was blown away...but his first question was "Is there a hunting or fishing game???"

I agree that I think those type of games if they were well done would be awesome sellers for VR - Not only does it fit the game category, but also the "Experience" category. You would have the ability to just walk through the woods and take in the scenery, listen to the sounds.....or hop in your boat and enjoy being out on the lake relaxing catching some large mouth bass.

So does anyone know of anyone working on something like this? I wish I knew more about designing games because I would jump right on it.
5 REPLIES 5

Skelator
Honored Guest
I think the Vive demo had bass fishing, so their could be one for Oculus, look in the demos section of the forum, or repost the question there you might get a better response. >;{}

Quantum Ice Fishing Demo??
Everything I do, is for the sake of evil. Almost>;{} Tianhe-2|1,375 TiB|12.4 PB|OS Kylin Linux|VR Input Marmalade Jars All my "POSTs" in this forum are fictitious. Any resemblance to real "FACTs", living or dead, is a miracle. 😉

JayBiggsGaming
Protege
The Hunter (game) might support VR one day I think. How well it will work I can't say. They do have head tracking implemented already and it is independent of your character's arms. The game does stereoscopic rendering pretty well too(aside from a few artifacts here and there). It is a really good game too.

JaggerWolf
Expert Protege
I can see a few existing ones that could eventually modded since most are first person views anyway - but would be great to see one good one specifically made for the Oculus where there is just as much emphasis on the experience and details as there is on the game play, mixing the relaxing surroundings with the thrill of catching the big one.

kernow
Heroic Explorer
The folks at Tactical Haptics had a fishing demo that they were using to demo one of their Reactive Grip prototypes a while back. If you are not familiar with the Reactive Grip, it is a controller TH is developing to get physical feedback (tricking you brain into thinking that it feels that you are holding the object in the game and interacting with the VR world).

Not sure when Tactical Haptics will ever come out with their controller, or if/when they will put out the fishing demo, but it's something you can keep an eye on.

The fishing demo (or, at least, an early version of it).

A video of Cymatic Bruce trying out the early Reactive Grip on some demos.
The video doesn't show the fishing demo, but the feedback about it is that it felt like one is actually holding a pole and feeling the fish nibbling at the end of the line. Bruce explains how the Reactive Grip feels with various demos (a flail, a slingshot...)

MichelleEffleck
Explorer

I like hunting better. Even though it all takes place in nature, it feels different. The main thing is to understand it. I am interested in the topic of Dermestid Beetles. Any information related to acquiring them would help me.