cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Imagine This Is A Lot Of You!

GalaxyDollVR
Honored Guest
Not my vid, but it appears to sum up this board: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt9UyICqrw4 😛
12 REPLIES 12

kriskra
Honored Guest
Nope, this is more acurate:

snappahead
Expert Protege
With all of the improvements that are made with dk2, all you can do is say "meh"?
i7 3820 16 gigs of Ram GTX 780ti

kriskra
Honored Guest
"Snappahead" wrote:
With all of the improvements that are made with dk2, all you can do is say "meh"?

Not a single "meh" in my post! 😉 I am very happy to contribute to VR, but in honor to my DK1... as it is unfortunately beeing replaced with DK2 by end of tomorrow! 🙂

snappahead
Expert Protege
"kriskra" wrote:
"Snappahead" wrote:

Not a single "meh" in my post! 😉 I am very happy to contribute to VR, but in honor to my DK1... as it is unfortunately beeing replaced with DK2 by end of tomorrow! 🙂

That's the joke in the cartoon. That it's only a tiny improvement, but the old is now junk. Maybe a different gif is needed. It wasn't so accurate afterall.

kriskra
Honored Guest
"Snappahead" wrote:
"kriskra" wrote:
"Snappahead" wrote:

That's the joke in the cartoon. That it's only a tiny improvement, but the old is now junk. Maybe a different gif is needed. It wasn't so accurate afterall.

Yea I admit. But anyways compared to the improvements going to come for VR in general, DK1 to DK2 is just a minor step! Maybe for now it is a HUGE leap for sure! But looking at it in 5-10 years from now, it's just the beginning.

snappahead
Expert Protege
"kriskra" wrote:

Yea I admit. But anyways compared to the improvements going to come for VR in general, DK1 to DK2 is just a minor step! Maybe for now it is a HUGE leap for sure! But looking at it in 5-10 years from now, it's just the beginning.

Understood. Big picture-wise DK2 is very early in the evolutionary tree of VR. I think I'm getting punchy from all the negative vibes around here lately. Making me assume the worst in everyone's comments.

kriskra
Honored Guest
"Snappahead" wrote:
"kriskra" wrote:

Understood. Big picture-wise DK2 is very early in the evolutionary tree of VR. I think I'm getting punchy from all the negative vibes around here lately. Making me assume the worst in everyone's comments.

Yea I fully agree... I also don't understand the negative-vibes in the forums lately. Especially because we rather should try to help Oculus to advance by giving good feedback and suggestions, rather than chopping each others head of... Well I think it'll take some time until the DK2-hype wears off a little.

Dreamwriter
Rising Star
"kriskra" wrote:

I disagree - I don't think any improvement in VR going forward is going to be as huge as going from DK1 to DK2. I mean, from now on each release will probably be a little smaller, a little higher resolution, a little better at presence, a few more features. Unless some huge tech jump happens, there probably won't be this huge a jump again, because of how early the DK1 tech was. I mean, resolution from crappy to acceptable, screen door far less noticeable, adding motion sensing where there wasn't any before, super low latency pixel refresh, no more LCD smear, no more hacking your monitor setup to get it working, better cable management, more comfortable headset, brighter colors with more contrast.... DK1 to DK2 is HUGE!

I could be wrong, though! Maybe due to some awesome new technology, CV2 will project holograms directly in front of your eyes replacing pixels with actual light rays, a sunblock-like-spray will make your limbs reflective so it knows where every inch of your hands/fingers/arms are, a sensor will be able to use variants in the earth's gravitational field to determine your exact location in space-time, and smart roller-skates will allow you to walk or run in any direction/speed without actually going anywhere.

kriskra
Honored Guest
"Dreamwriter" wrote:
I could be wrong, though! Maybe due to some awesome new technology, CV2 will project holograms directly in front of your eyes replacing pixels with actual light rays, a sunblock-like-spray will make your limbs reflective so it knows where every inch of your hands/fingers/arms are, a sensor will be able to use variants in the earth's gravitational field to determine your exact location in space-time, and smart roller-skates will allow you to walk or run in any direction/speed without actually going anywhere.

Ahaha, I giggled! Your word in Carmack's ear! 😉 I am very curious how the future of VR is going to look like. For now I am very happy that Oculus got things going, that DK1 was a huge success, that DK2 is going to be shipped to everyone soon and that CV1 will be a awesome product hopefully millions will enjoy! :mrgreen: