cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel like Oculus is trying to scam people

maikhorma
Explorer
I've tried from my laptop, and phone, and was unable to post to the forum. Generally when prompted with a "sign in" option you get a prompt for your credentials and move on. The only way i got to this point was by going through the oculus software. Any other routes offer a "sign in" button that result in an endless "...". Initially i had a legitmate question about a particular app, but now i'm questioning if this company is legit. I want to believe in this company but their apparent censorship makes it tough.
26 REPLIES 26

Digikid1
Consultant
Itynot browser related. I have tried with almost every browser ( except that crap called Chrome ) and still no luck....even on mobile. It’s just luck of the draw unfortunately. 

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
I rarely have the issue using firefox. That said, when it does happen it´s a matter of luck or coincidence logging back in.
 It´s been quite a while since it last happend to me, that said I´ve probably jinxed it now.

See you in a month when im capable of writing posts in here again.
Be good, die great !

maikhorma
Explorer
not to start a big browser debate here @Digikid1 (which i am definitely doing right now) but which browser do you consider not crap? 

kevinw729
Honored Visionary

maikhorma said:

Thanks to all who have responded and helped out!

FWIW I was able to log into this session on chrome by disabling ad blocker. Maybe that helps but the problem definitely still exists without an ad blocker on my other devices.

Thanks for raising the point @maikhorma - have to agree that the forum is not really enhanced by this continued issue (some people brought this up over 12-months ago!) Not going to be helped any, as the guy that controlled the service, and probably knew how the code worked has left the company! 

https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

Digikid1 said:

Itynot browser related. I have tried with almost every browser ( except that crap called Chrome ) and still no luck....even on mobile. It’s just luck of the draw unfortunately. 

Definitely a browser issue for me, just tried my various options and IE is the only one letting me log in from the forum page. That said, it could be a pop-up blocking issue within the browser as with the OP, or a security software setting if that's installed... or a combination there of.

In any event, I'd say it's a symptom of not enough testing on different machines and not enough motivation to allocate resource to improve it.

Hopefully that's because Oculus' attention is focused on future hardware.

kevinw729
Honored Visionary

DaftnDirect said:
In any event, I'd say it's a symptom of not enough testing on different machines and not enough motivation to allocate resource to improve it.
Nail on head!
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

Digikid1
Consultant

maikhorma said:

not to start a big browser debate here @Digikid1 (which i am definitely doing right now) but which browser do you consider not crap? 

I use Firefox exclusively on my computers and it is the one I install on all of my builds at my store as well.  As for a list of what is crap to not.....from absolute crap to non crap is as follows:

1.) CHROME
2.) Edge/Internet Explorer
3.) Opera
4.) Chromium
5.) Firefox

Anonymous
Not applicable

Digikid1 said:

Definitely a browser issue for me, just tried my various options and IE is the only one letting me log in from the forum page. That said, it could be a pop-up blocking issue within the browser as with the OP, or a security software setting if that's installed... or a combination there of.

Hopefully that's because Oculus' attention is focused on future hardware.

Have you gone INSANE?!!?!?

It's a well known FACT that Oculus are abandoning PC VR, all you're gonna get is standalone headsets. All this Half Dome talk is just a clever bluff to lull you into a false sense of security, you crazy crazy fools. This why I've said fuck you Oculus, I'm buying a Vive.

maikhorma
Explorer
it's a well known fact that people who talk like @snowdog  are morons. I'm not even going to address your point, because the way you say it disqualifies you from any real conversation.

Thmoas
Rising Star
Why make browser wars? It should work on any major browser, Its been annoying me for ages too!