cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have V38 as of now and....

RetroActive84
Expert Protege

So I haven't used my quest 2 in a while, partly cause v37 didnt give people what it promised and instead left some of us with issues. Another part is cause well, though I have some good VR games on steam like beat saber, skyrim, fallout 4 and borderlands vr, the majority of stuff in the quest store are lacking for me, most of the games are clones of each other, from many vr office apps, to vr zombie shooters, to vr fitness and so on, and so far the virtual world apps are not what i am interested in or hold my attention. most of the stuff seems like stuff I would see in cartoon network or nickelodeon. VR chat is ok cause you can make your own avatar from websites or programs and inject them and look less like a dollar general 1.99 cartoon DVD. Add in the fact that most of the clothes and avatar customizations are in my opinion mostly feminine stuff not much for making your avatar look like your self. I am left with an avatar that looks like gender fluid uncle jesse. For some that is ok and no hating on the gender fluid how ever, I am not gender fluid and having no choices that can fit me makes me feel like I am left out, and I am sure there are others who feel the same as me. Horizon worlds building engine has no prefab options ais kinda of clunky and again too dollar general cartoony. 

Well as I said I hadn't touched mine in a while, so just a few mins ago I decided to see just maybe there would be an off chance we would get some kind of hot fix that would fix the issues and also just MAYBE give us the things promised. GUESS WHAT? There was infact an update available in system updates... when it loaded into click the update button it shows it was v38... ummmm where was the hotfix we were said would come for v37? OMG MAYBE THEY PUT THE FIX IN v38!!!?!!? so I clicked the button, let it download and install... Hopes are up here so far.... then after a reboot and 3 mins of blackscreen it comes on, the logo shows the meta logo instead of the oculus O so far so good... high hopes still........

I see that the enviroment I had set changed back to the default one OMG did they give us the option to walk around? I hid the menu and... NOPE no moving around still... well maybe there are some of the things lets look int he slightly blury menu with squinted eyes.....after browsing settings for something new some hope of something..... I found it, I found the exact thing that have given us since v37.... NOTHING, no change nothing new. so what was in the v38 update, what was new what was updated? SO far the ONLY change I have seen has been the rebranding of Oculus to Meta....

Seeing that most of everywhere you go in vr games i find more kids than adults and no changes so far my hopes of a VR meta verse have left me with the realization that we aren't getting anything new and cool outside of branding leaving me to see that I instead get a VR meta-nurse....ry yes a Meta Nursery, apps that look like cartoons with a dominant force of kids over adults. Since there is nothing in the quest 2 TRULY for adults and we dont seem to get what we are promised and they would rather focus on brandning and hyping people up for stuff we neer get, I am pretty much probably letting my daughter have my quest so as not to feel like my money was a complete waste, and I will work on getting an HTC VIVE Pro 2... expensive yes but atleast its not blurry and has higer res and I have more adult looking programs on steam, I can use Somnium space as a replacement for Horizon Worlds, more so cause Somnium is closer to a meta verse so far than what meta gives us.

I know many here may see hate.... It not hate, its more disappointment, Those of you who like what you have with quest, hey not gonna knock it, keep ejnoying it and having fun, as at the end of the day what I think ad feel is of no importance to those of you. for those of you who feel as I do... Nice to meet you maybe if anything I might have some new friends out of all this!

2 REPLIES 2

ShocksVR
Superstar

@RetroActive84 wrote:

So I haven't used my quest 2 in a while, partly cause v37 didnt give people what it promised and instead left some of us with issues. Another part is cause well, though I have some good VR games on steam like beat saber, skyrim, fallout 4 and borderlands vr, the majority of stuff in the quest store are lacking for me, most of the games are clones of each other, from many vr office apps, to vr zombie shooters, to vr fitness and so on, and so far the virtual world apps are not what i am interested in or hold my attention. most of the stuff seems like stuff I would see in cartoon network or nickelodeon. VR chat is ok cause you can make your own avatar from websites or programs and inject them and look less like a dollar general 1.99 cartoon DVD. Add in the fact that most of the clothes and avatar customizations are in my opinion mostly feminine stuff not much for making your avatar look like your self. I am left with an avatar that looks like gender fluid uncle jesse. For some that is ok and no hating on the gender fluid how ever, I am not gender fluid and having no choices that can fit me makes me feel like I am left out, and I am sure there are others who feel the same as me. Horizon worlds building engine has no prefab options ais kinda of clunky and again too dollar general cartoony. 

Well as I said I hadn't touched mine in a while, so just a few mins ago I decided to see just maybe there would be an off chance we would get some kind of hot fix that would fix the issues and also just MAYBE give us the things promised. GUESS WHAT? There was infact an update available in system updates... when it loaded into click the update button it shows it was v38... ummmm where was the hotfix we were said would come for v37? OMG MAYBE THEY PUT THE FIX IN v38!!!?!!? so I clicked the button, let it download and install... Hopes are up here so far.... then after a reboot and 3 mins of blackscreen it comes on, the logo shows the meta logo instead of the oculus O so far so good... high hopes still........

I see that the enviroment I had set changed back to the default one OMG did they give us the option to walk around? I hid the menu and... NOPE no moving around still... well maybe there are some of the things lets look int he slightly blury menu with squinted eyes.....after browsing settings for something new some hope of something..... I found it, I found the exact thing that have given us since v37.... NOTHING, no change nothing new. so what was in the v38 update, what was new what was updated? SO far the ONLY change I have seen has been the rebranding of Oculus to Meta....

Seeing that most of everywhere you go in vr games i find more kids than adults and no changes so far my hopes of a VR meta verse have left me with the realization that we aren't getting anything new and cool outside of branding leaving me to see that I instead get a VR meta-nurse....ry yes a Meta Nursery, apps that look like cartoons with a dominant force of kids over adults. Since there is nothing in the quest 2 TRULY for adults and we dont seem to get what we are promised and they would rather focus on brandning and hyping people up for stuff we neer get, I am pretty much probably letting my daughter have my quest so as not to feel like my money was a complete waste, and I will work on getting an HTC VIVE Pro 2... expensive yes but atleast its not blurry and has higer res and I have more adult looking programs on steam, I can use Somnium space as a replacement for Horizon Worlds, more so cause Somnium is closer to a meta verse so far than what meta gives us.

I know many here may see hate.... It not hate, its more disappointment, Those of you who like what you have with quest, hey not gonna knock it, keep ejnoying it and having fun, as at the end of the day what I think ad feel is of no importance to those of you. for those of you who feel as I do... Nice to meet you maybe if anything I might have some new friends out of all this!

1.  Version 38 hasn't been released. What was released was the PUBLIC TEST CHANNEL of BETA v38 (PTC v38); the only way to get v38 on your Quest2 is if you proactively opted into the PTC channel on your Oculus phone app.  If you don't like using BETA Test versions of software, perhaps unsubscribe from the PTC channel. Like why are you even signed up for the PTC if you can't tolerate beta software ?  You can verify PTC v38 is part of the beta channel from this thread: PTC v38 Release Megathread - Oculus Community - 948095 (oculusvr.com) 

2.  The Chromatic Aberration of v37 was FIXED weeks ago.  There were a couple hotfixes that went out shortly after v37 released to the public.

3.  In conclusion - (1) you need to undo your decision and opt out of the PTC channel, (2) v37 was fixed weeks ago.

i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

@ShocksVR wrote:

1.  Version 38 hasn't been released. What was released was the PUBLIC TEST CHANNEL of BETA v38 (PTC v38); the only way to get v38 on your Quest2 is if you proactively opted into the PTC channel on your Oculus phone app.  If you don't like using BETA Test versions of software, perhaps unsubscribe from the PTC channel. Like why are you even signed up for the PTC if you can't tolerate beta software ?  You can verify PTC v38 is part of the beta channel from this thread: PTC v38 Release Megathread - Oculus Community - 948095 (oculusvr.com) 

2.  The Chromatic Aberration of v37 was FIXED weeks ago.  There were a couple hotfixes that went out shortly after v37 released to the public.

3.  In conclusion - (1) you need to undo your decision and opt out of the PTC channel, (2) v37 was fixed weeks ago.

In regards to 1, in my head set it says that it was 38.0.0.63.727.351486028 so no where in my post did I say it was a final, version or a ptc or what I said it was v38 and as long as the head said said the numbers I listed the key number is 38 it is still version 38 never said it was final or test or anything as such I am still correct in my stating it was v38, I am also entitled to my opinon so if you dont like what I think about the updates or anything maybe you should not read my post using a variation of your words if you dont like my opinon PERHAPS not look at the post.

In regards to 2 no where in my post did I say anything about chromatic aberration, yes CA makes things blurry to some, I said mine was blurry but not why it was blurry so dont came in assuming Chromatic Aberration is the cause of my head set being blurry.  So far the only installs I had were the inital 37 and the initial 38 no notices or alerts of a install to fix the blurrieness my head set got from the 37 install.  In regards to 3 in my conclusion you need undo your assuptions and pay attention to what people post and understand what it means when a person is expression their view opinions and their persnonal experience.