cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need some direction... Not in VR, but with Developement...

barry.poltorak
Honored Guest

Hi,

I recently purchased a quest and want to do something to help my 93-year-old grandfather watch television (and other content).

I want to control the VR experience and environment from the outside.  He cannot control the hand controls so well.  I want to see what he is seeing and be able to 'click' various controls, on the outside, and 'start' a T.V. program (in video mode or browser). 

What Dev tool should I be using?  Is this even possible?

Can someone please provide some guidance or direction.  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @barry.poltorak. We get how much you want to help your grandpa with exploring VR and seeing what it has to offer. We think what you are proposing is a wonderful idea. At this time we only have a casting feature that would come close to what you're wanting to do. 

You can learn how about our casting services by going here

As far as your idea, we'll like for you for you to also post it on our Ideas Forum Page. That way you can get some more feedback on it from people within the community. Also from time to time, our developers do take a look at them to see what the community wants implemented into VR. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Chundvar
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey there @barry.poltorak! While there currently aren't games or apps where someone else can control what is happening inside the headset there are plenty of games and apps that are more akin to visual experiences than actual games and require very little, if any, use of the controllers. I personally recommend Henry. It's about a hedgehog that wants to find friends and is a very cute VR short film. There are also other apps like Wander which allow you to see the world in VR and require very little use of the controllers to experience. I hope this was helpful!

Feel free to reach out with simple questions! For any troubleshooting please make a post or reach out to our wonderful email, chat, and callback support team here: https://metaque.st/Support