cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I put up my rift for sale and it sold in 10 minutes

Herolord
Protege
Sadly, I have to sell my rift to pay some bills, and because I plan on getting the consumer version later, and it sold for 280 within 10 minutes. What awesome resale value! I enjoyed my rift for a year and only lost 20 bucks in resale. Also, I could have easily held out and possibly sold for even more than "at new" pricing, but I needed the money fast.
32 REPLIES 32

Herolord
Protege
The reason I wound up needing money to pay bills is that having my first credit card, I wasn't aware that banks could legally raise the credit card payments at their discretion, so I miscalculated (assuming that the banks were forced by law to operate as decent human beings and that the payments were steady). I wasn't aware that a bank could tell you "hey, use this credit, and the monthly payment will be this amount" , and then they could just double it when they like.

cleverusername
Explorer
Herolord, you sold your rift?! Sacriledge! 😉 Thats like selling your baby yes? Inconceivable. You told them it had flappy bird on it yes? I am seeing people trying to charge double here in Seattle if you can get something with flappy bird on it.

Saffron = $5,040 per pound
Gold = $56.73 per gram
Rhodium = $1,630 per ounce
Platinum = $1,637 per ounce
Methamphetamine = $100 per gram
Rhino Horn = $50,000 per pound
Heroin = $131 per gram
Cocaine = $215 per gram
LSD = $3,000 per gram
Plutonium = $4,000 per gram
Painite = $9,000 per gram
Taaffeite = $2,500 to $20,000 per gram
Tritium = $30,000 per gram
Diamonds = $55,000 per gram
Californium 252 = $27 million per gram
Antimatter = $62.5 trillion per gram

Original Flappy Bird = $100 Trillion
mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4123 I am looking into that LEEP VR I lack practical 3d knowledge, I have found some good links, but I am not sure if they are the ones you were talking about. Would you mind direct linking me to them? :oops:

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you know anywhere in Seattle i can pick one these up?

Darcanis
Adventurer
And yet in the back of your mind you're thinking "it sold so fast... I should have asked for more!"
Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave! Facebook buying the Oculus Rift! Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

Gerald
Expert Protege
interesting - I just had a look at the german marketplace and prices there seem to be much lower than just a month ago.
I am still playing with the idea of buying one or two really cheap extra Rifts for multiplayer tests 😄
check out my Mobile VR Jam 2015 title Guns N' Dragons

Itsinthemind
Expert Protege
In November last year one Apple 1 sold for $330,000. Are you sure you did the right thing?
http://www.lightandmagic.co.uk Fantasy becomes Reality

Equinoxe
Honored Guest
I'll never sell my two DK1's, because they are amazing piece of VR history.

Emvy-
Honored Guest
i also sold my DK1 since i have ordered the DK2 that i hope to get sooner rather then later 🙂

sold it for 75% of the new price almost instantly.

im sure i could have gotten allot more for it but im happy with the price i got and a 16 year old boy got the best birthday present ever because of it.

what more does a person want 😄

purifier82
Protege
And then there are those that make huge money out of it: http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/294uoj/crazy_oculusvr_ebay_auction_dont_think_anyone/
Si vis pacem para bellum