cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I put up my rift for sale and it sold in 10 minutes

Herolord
Protege
Sadly, I have to sell my rift to pay some bills, and because I plan on getting the consumer version later, and it sold for 280 within 10 minutes. What awesome resale value! I enjoyed my rift for a year and only lost 20 bucks in resale. Also, I could have easily held out and possibly sold for even more than "at new" pricing, but I needed the money fast.
32 REPLIES 32

danknugz
Superstar
"cleverusername" wrote:
Herolord, you sold your rift?! Sacriledge! 😉 Thats like selling your baby yes? Inconceivable. You told them it had flappy bird on it yes? I am seeing people trying to charge double here in Seattle if you can get something with flappy bird on it.

Saffron = $5,040 per pound
Gold = $56.73 per gram
Rhodium = $1,630 per ounce
Platinum = $1,637 per ounce
Methamphetamine = $100 per gram
Rhino Horn = $50,000 per pound
Heroin = $131 per gram
Cocaine = $215 per gram
LSD = $3,000 per gram
Plutonium = $4,000 per gram
Painite = $9,000 per gram
Taaffeite = $2,500 to $20,000 per gram
Tritium = $30,000 per gram
Diamonds = $55,000 per gram
Californium 252 = $27 million per gram
Antimatter = $62.5 trillion per gram

Original Flappy Bird = $100 Trillion

u get from Tony Montana or something? :lol:
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

nightscar
Explorer
"Itsinthemind" wrote:
In November last year one Apple 1 sold for $330,000. Are you sure you did the right thing?

This is the reason why after I ordered the DK2 I cleaned up, put away, and vacuumed packed my DK1 lol
one can only hope in 20 - 30 yrs 🙂
order number 057xxx

Calanar
Honored Guest
"nightscar" wrote:
"Itsinthemind" wrote:
In November last year one Apple 1 sold for $330,000. Are you sure you did the right thing?

This is the reason why after I ordered the DK2 I cleaned up, put away, and vacuumed packed my DK1 lol
one can only hope in 20 - 30 yrs 🙂

There are 61 Apple 1's and there are 60,000+ DK1s, it may go up in value but it will likely never be worth what Apple 1's are.
Michael Tenery, Software, RPG and Game Developer. Imagine Role Playing: http://www.role-playing.com

kingzope
Protege
I sold mine for about $430 a couple weeks ago since I have the DK2 coming eventually. I would have held on to it for a collectible but I'm saving for a wedding :roll:
DK1 Order No: 574XX (US) Status: Received DK2 Order No: GP-1055XXX Status: Received CV1 Order No:6130000XXXXXXX Status: Received Oculus Go Status: Received

AnotherCrazyCan
Adventurer
I don't even think I'd sell mine, even if for bills (unless absolutely nesessary of course), because I have a dream that 30 years in the future, if Virtual reality is common place I can show people that I helped with the catalyst. This thing might even be a museum piece someday!
Facebook bought Instagram. How exactly did they ruin them?

Stankiem
Honored Guest
You guys are mean, the DK1 won't be worth anything for many many decades since there were so many sold, and even then the market will be saturated for the obvious collectors item (DK1). Not to mention, there are much lesser known HMD's from years past which will hold more value for collectors because of their quirks. Anyone who will be collecting emergent VR stuff will easily be able to come upon a DK1 in the coming decades. Sell it, give the gift of VR to those in need. 😄

DericLee
Honored Guest
I sold mine last September for $375(expecting to buy DK2, which I did). 😄

danknugz
Superstar
How do you guys sell stuff so easily online? Sometimes I want to, but I dont have an established ebay account with a high rating or anything, so I always think no one will buy what I'm selling.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

Jose
Heroic Explorer
"danknugz" wrote:
How do you guys sell stuff so easily online? Sometimes I want to, but I dont have an established ebay account with a high rating or anything, so I always think no one will buy what I'm selling.

You won't know if anyone is willing to buy unless you post an ad. You don't have to pay any insertion fees for the first 50 items per month, so there's almost no risk in posting an ad that fails. If you price your item low enough, and write a good enough ad, you'll likely get a buyer who's willing to take the risk of buying from someone with little to no feedback. You can use ebay's advanced search function to look up the completed listings of the items you're trying to sell, which might tell you how in-demand the items you are offering is. I probably had less than 25 buyer feedback before I started selling. All sellers start with 0 seller feedback.

AdamL288
Honored Guest
It's great is't it? I sold my DK1 for the price of a DK2, then bought the DK2 😉 it's amazing how quickly these things go!