cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I put up my rift for sale and it sold in 10 minutes

Herolord
Protege
Sadly, I have to sell my rift to pay some bills, and because I plan on getting the consumer version later, and it sold for 280 within 10 minutes. What awesome resale value! I enjoyed my rift for a year and only lost 20 bucks in resale. Also, I could have easily held out and possibly sold for even more than "at new" pricing, but I needed the money fast.
32 REPLIES 32

ido
Honored Guest
I have(had) 2 DK1's, but I recently sold one. It was the one I installed a RiftUP kit in, so it went for considerably more. I think the ebay auction ended close to $700. Crazy. I even set the bids to start at 99 cents with no reserve. I would never try to inflate the price of this stuff, especially to enthusiasts like us.

Apple 1 sold for that much?! Insanity.

I actually own the very first Rift prototype, before it was called rift. It's just called PR1. Palmer made it for me way back in 2010, and had the foresight to actually label it prototype 1, and sign his name as the first user. It didn't really connect that it was the first one until the other day. Pretty damn cool.

knack
Honored Guest
"AnotherCrazyCanadian" wrote:
I don't even think I'd sell mine, even if for bills (unless absolutely nesessary of course), because I have a dream that 30 years in the future, if Virtual reality is common place I can show people that I helped with the catalyst. This thing might even be a museum piece someday!

In 30 years everybody going to be dead because we forget the virtual food in't good for health.
PD: yes my english its bad i known i5-4570 - Shaphire r9-290, win10-64

AmebousPeter
Honored Guest
I sold mine right after the facebook deal for 450 bucks. The money went into paypal and then strait to oculus for my DK2.

I think it's strange someone would buy it from me when a better one can be found online from the original source, and for less. I mean is it really worth the 2 months you have to wait? I didn't think so.

When the DK2 is plentiful the bubble for the DK1 will collapse, my plan is to rebuy it for my collection when that happens.

In other words I get my cake and eat it too.

Drachenherz
Protege
"wacko" wrote:

Wouldn't it be more like "I get the cake that somebodye else has eaten"?

Groooossssss... :mrgreen:

kingzope
Protege
"danknugz" wrote:
How do you guys sell stuff so easily online? Sometimes I want to, but I dont have an established ebay account with a high rating or anything, so I always think no one will buy what I'm selling.

It was actually my first auction. There are people that want it and are willing to take the risk apparently. I offered worldwide shipping which likely helped. I never expected to get over $400. It more than paid for my DK2.
DK1 Order No: 574XX (US) Status: Received DK2 Order No: GP-1055XXX Status: Received CV1 Order No:6130000XXXXXXX Status: Received Oculus Go Status: Received

AmebousPeter
Honored Guest
"Drachenherz" wrote:
"wacko" wrote:

Wouldn't it be more like "I get the cake that somebodye else has eaten"?

Groooossssss... :mrgreen:

You must live in a fearful world, my friend.

I see it as "I get someone to buy me all the cake I wanted. "

thegh0st81
Honored Guest
Tossed mine up many months ago for $800, it was purchased within an hour. I didn't even think it would sell which is why I put it up for that amount (but if it did, awesome!)... guess it didn't hurt that it was the only Rift listed with a buy it now price at the time.

cybereality
Grand Champion
"ido" wrote:
I actually own the very first Rift prototype, before it was called rift. It's just called PR1. Palmer made it for me way back in 2010, and had the foresight to actually label it prototype 1, and sign his name as the first user. It didn't really connect that it was the first one until the other day. Pretty damn cool.

I bet that will be worth a LOT of money one day.

Especially since it's signed by Palmer and some dude named cybereality!!!
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

ThreeEyes
Explorer
That's very damn cool.
But... but... but... I just NEED to know about the Baba! The Baba has me hypmotized! :shock:

Darius
Honored Guest
Is it this one?