cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If Oculus Rift has to change its name, what should it be?

TheArcheaon
Honored Guest
Can't use anything (that you wish it could be "in copyright reasons") i.e. (Nerve Gear)

(personally I honestly can't think of a good name but I'd love to hear your names)

Why do I bring this up?
A: Because all over the news lately Oculus VR is apparently getting sued by a company named Oculu (Dumb I know) but its happening.

Source : http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/02/video-streaming-company-oculu-sues-oculus-over-trademark-conce...
VR Pilot!
27 REPLIES 27

Ahzrei
Honored Guest
"TheArcheaon" wrote:
"Lane" wrote:
Aperture Science.

I believe I said "Nothing copyright" i.e (nerve gear)

They're bros with Valve. They might be cool with it.

I know I would be.

genetransfer
Explorer
"Urbanchina" wrote:
Transcendence (Concept of being entirely beyond the universe, don't you all think?)

transCendenZ- capital C, capital Z...yes I watch too much eXistenZ lol. OVR is good for Me if they have to remove the "culus", but to me "Oculu" and "Oculus" sound completely different when spoken, and lets face it no one is talking about "oculu" with their prices(edit: not to mention having nothing to do with vr).

Steve3D
Honored Guest
Don't wast time And energy on this stupid news. Oculu guys are crooks. ....trying to get some attention And visibility by using The Oculus Rift success. Oculu guys are nothing more than bloodsucker loosers. ..!

genetransfer
Explorer
"Steve3D" wrote:
Don't wast time And energy on this stupid news. Oculu guys are crooks. ....trying to get some attention And visibility by using The Oculus Rift success. Oculu guys are nothing more than bloodsucker loosers. ..!

+1

herds
Honored Guest
Ocululs Rift

Lane
Honored Guest
"Ahzrei" wrote:
"TheArcheaon" wrote:
"Lane" wrote:
Aperture Science.

I believe I said "Nothing copyright" i.e (nerve gear)

They're bros with Valve. They might be cool with it.

I know I would be.

Yup, thats what I was thinking. Super bromance company naming alliance for the luls.

And for science!.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Matrix

nka
Honored Guest
"herds" wrote:
Ocululs Rift

That sound very good!

or VirtHead !