cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you wear glasses - ways around it?

superkermit
Honored Guest
https://vr-lens-lab.com/

No more hassle with glasses that don’t fit. Let your VR headset wear glasses so you don’t have to.

I was thinking of getting my eyes tested (just for the Oculus use) and getting a set of custom made in between lenses to fir on the rift.

Is this company the only one that does it?

Any other options?
26 REPLIES 26

Toriessian
Protege
I have a set of the lenses from VR Lens Labs, so here are my 10 cents on them:

They are a little loose inside the headset, you'll have to make sure they are in place when you put on/remove the headset. They include some rubber "spacers" but I don't think they help a ton. MUCH better than my glasses. I've read a few reviews of the lenses though that talk about distortion, I don't see it myself, but I don't have a very strong prescription.

There is supposedly a 3d printed clip type thing you can have made too, but I am have any direct experience.

I've post this a couple of times @superkermit it's my solution but obviously you need a spare pair of glasses.

f0j6nyuetkzy.jpg

inovator
Consultant
My solution was a little raticle. Contact lenses that I wear only for the rift. Glasses in my playstation vr are very comfortable.

Yeah I've worn contact lenses before but I have quite dry eyes so they never seem super comfortable especially when it's warm... get's pretty warm in the headset so I shied away.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Some people have had problems with the lenses falling out from Lens Lab but mine have been fine. It's down to different Rifts being different shapes and sizes, albeit only very slightly.

Lens Lab have also started doing thinner lenses with an elastic strap which can also be used when skiing or snowboarding.

There's also another company or two doing them too I think, people have mentioned them on Reddit.

HiThere_
Superstar

Any other options?

Buy a first generation Samsung Gear VR that has some focus hardware, wait for a second generation PC VR headset that has some focus hardware, tinker the CV1's faceplate to make it wider : I bet your glasses can fit in the CV1 itself, so it's a poorly designed faceplate problem rather then a CV1 problem. But unfortunately no company is selling a wider version.

lensmandave
Superstar
These are great, had then a couple of months now: https://vr-lens.eu/oculus-rift-lens-inserts.html
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

Anonymous
Not applicable

These are great, had then a couple of months now: https://vr-lens.eu/oculus-rift-lens-inserts.html

Thanks for that, I knew there was another company doing them but couldn't find their site. I might check these out when my prescription changes next month.

superkermit
Honored Guest
Just looked at both sites.

I have emailed both VR glass manufacturers, asking what I should ask my optometrist when I go for an oculus rift specific eye test this week.

Any opinions?