cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is The Walking Dead Saints and Sinners 2 Retribution crossbuy?

Crisy6
Explorer

Hi

Is this game crossbuy?

https:

//www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/5190288877703616

What I mean is, if i buy it on Quest 2 standalone (as that's all that's available right now (well it will be today as it's released today), pcvr version is released in a few months) will I automatically get the pcvr version without paying extra?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

kojack
MVP
MVP

The first Saints & Sinners was cross buy, so hopefully S&S 2 will be as well.

However I can't find any confirmation of that. The developer hasn't been active on twitter for a couple of years, no one on reddit is mentioning cross buy and the meta store page is vague as usual. I'd be wary of it for now if you want the PC version too.

(I loved Saints & Sinners, but I'm holding off on this one until I know if its cross buy)

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

View solution in original post

kojack
MVP
MVP

Good news!

https://www.vrwalkingdead.com/chapter2/faq/

"If I buy the game for my Quest headset, will I also be able to play it on Rift?

Yes! Just like with Chapter 1, Retribution will be cross-buy on the Meta store and will allow you to play either the Quest or Rift version of the game."

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

kojack
MVP
MVP

The first Saints & Sinners was cross buy, so hopefully S&S 2 will be as well.

However I can't find any confirmation of that. The developer hasn't been active on twitter for a couple of years, no one on reddit is mentioning cross buy and the meta store page is vague as usual. I'd be wary of it for now if you want the PC version too.

(I loved Saints & Sinners, but I'm holding off on this one until I know if its cross buy)

Outersquid
Honored Guest

I don't even see the standalone quest version as an option at all at the moment. I'm in US Est time, and other games usually came out at around 1pm for me, so I would wait a bit longer. And on steam the release date is late 2022, so the pcvr version should come out by the end of this year.

kojack
MVP
MVP

Good news!

https://www.vrwalkingdead.com/chapter2/faq/

"If I buy the game for my Quest headset, will I also be able to play it on Rift?

Yes! Just like with Chapter 1, Retribution will be cross-buy on the Meta store and will allow you to play either the Quest or Rift version of the game."

anyone know how I import my saved games from Saints and Sinners into Chapter 2? There is an option to do so, but when I try to choose it it says no saved files.

On the link I gave above it says this about the import:

"However, this feature is NOT currently working on launch. We have a patch planned to address this. Please do not use this feature until the next update."

ellarae3
Honored Guest

No that wont work that way. You would have to buy the game a second time for the PCVR

Can i play the Rift version right now?

@Terminator7685 wrote:

Can i play the Rift version right now?

The Rift version isn't finished yet. It will release in February 2023.

return2k2
Explorer

Zunfix, 

You can see the answer for yourself in the Reviews.

Profile name "Ryan from The VR Grid" gave the game a 4 star review and he titled his review "A fun sequel hampered by the Quest 2", and the developer responded 5 days ago stating

"We are glad you liked Chapter 1 and that you are a fan of
our PC version. We appreciate your positive AND your critical
comments on Chapter 2. We have just put and update out and plan
to keep updating the title to respond to player feedback.
Chapter 2 will also be free on PC for everyone buying it on Quest 2
when it launches for that platform in February.
It will feature significantly upgraded visual quality and features
like dynamic lighting, higher poly models and higher detail textures,
among other things. We wanted to get players something fun to play for
the holidays, and we hope you enjoy all versions when you get to play them! -K"