cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is eye tracking available through Link?

Greekanadian
Protege

I use VR exclusively on the PC. I do not play Quest native games or use any Quest native software other than Link or Virtual Desktop to connect to my PC.

Eye tracking is a really great tool for future games.

Is this feature accessible for PCVR developers to use with the Quest Pro?

Eye tracking is basically the only reason I am considering buying a Quest Pro. It's the cheapest headset with this capability.

But if that feature is not able to be implemented in PCVR apps then there's no reason for me to buy the headset at all.

I've searched through all the patch notes and can't find anything about this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kojack
MVP
MVP

When using a Quest (1, 2, Pro) through Link, the PC side runs the Rift software (Rift runtimes and SDK) and is limited to Rift features. So at least so far there's no eye, face or hand tracking in PCVR with a Quest headset.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

kojack
MVP
MVP

When using a Quest (1, 2, Pro) through Link, the PC side runs the Rift software (Rift runtimes and SDK) and is limited to Rift features. So at least so far there's no eye, face or hand tracking in PCVR with a Quest headset.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2