cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it me or is GamersNexus full of bull?

standtall007
Protege
as the subject mentions is GamersNexus full of crap?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dD0uV_WHvg

this video the creator of GN tells you basically to wait in purchasing VR HMD's because of (too long didn't pay enough attention :P) some crap that the cables are supposed to "kill" the immersion and some other crap he mentions... now i have never said i only liked The Rift i do like the HTC Vive also i just found it to be too expensive in transport, then i found out that it was solely because it is Express delivery, so that isn't really so much expensive anyhow i have preordered both in the end 😛 Love VR.
ASUS Maximus VII Formula Intel core i7 quad core 4790K OC'ed @ 4.4Ghz 32GB DDR3 Ram Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 4GB Windows 10 Pro 64bit GSync Monitor @ 2560x1440, 144Hz ------------------------------------------- DK2 Owner CV1 Preordered.
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Basically what he is saying is that you should wait if you are not an enthusiast.

But honetsly, when I hear his argument, it's like saying when the Playstation comes out : " Wait for PS2, graphics will be better "

At this stage, and if you follow his point of view, you'll never buy anything new : D

standtall007
Protege
"AuxPlumes" wrote:
At this stage, and if you follow his point of view, you'll never buy anything new : D

Exactly my point 😄 that is what i thought 😉 but i WILL be (almost :P) day one buyer (like mentioned i have preordered both HMD's and i am even a backer of the Fove HMD)
ASUS Maximus VII Formula Intel core i7 quad core 4790K OC'ed @ 4.4Ghz 32GB DDR3 Ram Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 4GB Windows 10 Pro 64bit GSync Monitor @ 2560x1440, 144Hz ------------------------------------------- DK2 Owner CV1 Preordered.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
He also goes on to say that he will be getting one after telling everyone to miss the first wave. Does he not realize, if everyone listened to him and took his advice, that VR would be dead again because no units would be sold. Would he have told everyone not to buy a Black & White television set years ago and wait for Colour one instead 😄

standtall007
Protege
Deleted because of LoveThis mentioned it first 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable
I watched a couple of their videos and they are full of weird inaccuracies and wrong use of terminology.

It appears these videos are aimed at people that haven't a clue about technology... but because they themselves are not very adept it's like watching the blind lead the blind!

standtall007
Protege
"Tim74UK" wrote:
I watched a couple of their videos and they are full of weird inaccuracies and wrong use of terminology.

It appears these videos are aimed at people that haven't a clue about technology... but because they themselves are not very adept it's like watching the blind lead the blind!

I totally hear you 😉