cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it worth buying

tagordy60
Protege

I’m 62yr old male looking to buy the oculus vr system. I am curious as to if the system is worth buying? I’m unable to stand for long periods of time. If I’m going to use the hand controls, are there games available for me to play?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

There are many seated games and many more where playing seated is an option. All native games will support touch controllers. Some support hand tracking without controllers.

View solution in original post

JacktheKnife47
Explorer

I would definitely recommend Oculus VR. I'm 70 with a bad hip. Standing to play Walk-about-Mini-Golf is rough , but that game is really satisfying & challenging. There are numerous games for sitting. Also exploring the world in VR. You won't be disappointed. 

Zoso67
Explorer

Hey Tim, yes there are lots of games and apps to use sitting down. In fact there are some that give you legs. lol 

I bought one a couple of weeks ago and I haven't regretted it yet. I am having a little trouble getting it to play VR games from steam though, but that's an issue with my gaming laptop. I can link to it and use it in VR, which is awesome. 

So $400 well spent, but you know the nickel and diming doesn't stop.... lol

4 REPLIES 4

There are many seated games and many more where playing seated is an option. All native games will support touch controllers. Some support hand tracking without controllers.

JacktheKnife47
Explorer

I would definitely recommend Oculus VR. I'm 70 with a bad hip. Standing to play Walk-about-Mini-Golf is rough , but that game is really satisfying & challenging. There are numerous games for sitting. Also exploring the world in VR. You won't be disappointed. 

Zoso67
Explorer

Hey Tim, yes there are lots of games and apps to use sitting down. In fact there are some that give you legs. lol 

I bought one a couple of weeks ago and I haven't regretted it yet. I am having a little trouble getting it to play VR games from steam though, but that's an issue with my gaming laptop. I can link to it and use it in VR, which is awesome. 

So $400 well spent, but you know the nickel and diming doesn't stop.... lol

MarcusMc83
Honored Guest

use Oculus quest 2 unlock pattern. and set it to only block the browser app. not your whole device. if this is to block yourself out. you will need to create the pattern. and hide it from yourself... hope this will help,. its a start.  it will create a barrier