cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue - When Guardian is disabled Quest 2 brick

SoyNexZ
Explorer

Edit: This is a duplicate of this post, but here I report the issue.

Hi. I just discovered an strange bug.

Hardware

• Oculus Quest 2 (128 GB)
  • OS Version: Latest (21/04/2022) no Public Channel

Too long didn't read

• Guardian bricks the headset when (Guardian) it's turned off (in the Developer settings).

Steps to replicate

1. Turn off 'Guardian' (located in Settings > System > Developer).
  2. Turn off the headset.
  3. Turn it on.
  4. The main menu is all black and nothing works.

Issue

• The headset when Guardian is disabled tries to load the Guardian menu (because it didn't detect any configuration for the area) but it can't because Guardian is disabled, so it stays there forever (or until it finds a valid configuration).

Temporal fix

1. Launch a game from the Oculus phone app.
  2. Press the Oculus button.
  3. Click settings.
  4. Go to System > Developer.
  5. Toggle on Guardian.

I dont know if this is a known issue, but I hope it gets solved soon!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TheLegend27
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Awesome writeup! Very detailed and a well thought out report! We've actually just floated a thread as the main topic in the Support board regarding this exact issue.

Feel free to leave your report on that thread, but the general TLDR is that the engineers are aware and are currently working on a fix. We're going to keep that thread updated as we get more information, so be sure to subscribe for updates. Thank you for your patience and for taking the time to let us know about this!

Technology, at a certain level of sophistication, is indistinguishable from magic. - some wise guy or something probably

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TheLegend27
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Awesome writeup! Very detailed and a well thought out report! We've actually just floated a thread as the main topic in the Support board regarding this exact issue.

Feel free to leave your report on that thread, but the general TLDR is that the engineers are aware and are currently working on a fix. We're going to keep that thread updated as we get more information, so be sure to subscribe for updates. Thank you for your patience and for taking the time to let us know about this!

Technology, at a certain level of sophistication, is indistinguishable from magic. - some wise guy or something probably

Ceily_
Honored Guest

This but I can’t access developer mode since hard reset thinking this would resolve a no tracking error my quest if I could just reach the settings I can’t even get passed the gradian stage I left my vr on the shelf worked perfectly it’s in perfect condition I’m so confused 

Hey there, @Ceily_! We hate to hear that you've been dealing with a tracking error on your headset. We know how being kept from being able to use your headset is the last thing you want to deal with, and we would be more than happy to assist you with this issue!

Just so we can confirm, have you tried to perform a hard reboot on your headset? You can do this by holding the power button down for about 10 seconds. Then, after waiting for about 30 seconds, turn the headset back on.

If you've tried this already, could you please let us know if you're able to perform a second factory reset and if it's able to assist you?

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey there, @Ceily_! We just wanted to check in and see if you still needed assistance with your headset. Please let us know, and we'll be happy to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!