Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just bought a Rift CV1 - now what?

superkermit
Honored Guest
Hi all,

Rift CV1 and the touch kit.

PC - GTX1080 (in SLI) and i7 5820K CPU

Looking to play games and get the most out of my rift. I have been reading about the debug tool to increase resolution.
Can anyone point me in the right place(s) as to what to do read etc when setting up for the first time?
20 REPLIES 20

danknugz
Superstar

Expediter said:

Expediter said:

Get steam VR 

then grab Onward, it's an amazing game. Try a bunch of experience for sure , but if your looking for a game you can sink some time into onward is amazing. I put off buying it because it was multiplayer and I regret not purchasing it sooner. 

What are your thoughts compared to Pavlov - I got Pavlov and it still needs heaps of polish, still very fun. Is onward close to finished ? 

Almost every single person who has played both says the same thing. Onward is more polished and just feels better. With that said it's still early access and new players have a large learning curve. It's slower than Pavlov but is such a tactical game. 

Another thing that all new oculus players miss is it requires you to shut off ASW using the ott tool , otherwise you will run slow Motion as physics is attached to frame rate in onward. 

Onward was the first VR game to have a live streamed esport casting as well and is picking up steam in the league with over 28 teams in 3 devisions ( if your interested in competitive team play. ) 

I hate Pavlov, it feels like shitty CoD culture creeping into the pure, authentic VR vibe of onward
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?