cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keys and purchases

MikeZwo
Honored Guest
Hello everyone :smile:
I'll purchase / receive a Oculus Rift in some weeks, I already took a look around the websites and got a question about the games you can buy at the Oculus Rift Shop.

Do I receive Steam Keys? Or is there something like steam but made by Oculus? Or do I just download the games and have to redownload everything (or just the patch files) each update?

Also, what are the payment options?

Might be a strange question but would like to know this.
Thanks ^-^
4 REPLIES 4

elboffor
Consultant
Steam games work, and you use oculus home to manage the drivers n firmware and also has its own store front
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

CharlieHobbes
Rising Star
Oculus Home is both a storefront as well as the environment you launch the games from.
You do not receive Steam keys for purchases you made in Oculus Home.

You can still purchase games on Steam and you will generally launch these from Steam.
Steam will use SteamVR to launch VR games you buy there. 

Oculus Home will accept Credit Cards for payment and I think they also accept Paypal (not sure, maybe somebody can confirm) 

cybereality
Grand Champion
Download the Oculus Home setup: https://www3.oculus.com/en-us/setup/ and run it after you have your hardware (it won't work unless you have the headset). It's both a store and library for your games.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

MikeZwo
Honored Guest
Ah alright, thanks everyone 🙂