cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop compatibility

fastcash5
Honored Guest

Is the Acer nitro an515-44 compatible for the oculus rift?  I'm getting conflicting answers

4 REPLIES 4

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee

Download the steam VR test app and see what it says, that will give you a  good indication of what your machine can do, and its free. 😉

But if it has that GTX1060ti then you are going to be on the very edge of min vr hardware requirements....what Vr setup are you looking at, the older Cv1, Rift S or one of the Quest HMDS?

CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

I didn't get the computer, I have the oculus and need a compatible computer that isn't  $1600

@fastcash5  Unfortunately to get a decent laptop for good pcvr you are looking at $1,500-2,000.  If you build or buy a desktop gaming pc you should get equal or better specs for -$1,000.  More importantly it will be able to be upgraded later.

My advice if you need a laptop for school or work is to buy an inexpensive one that handles basic needs.  Then buy/build a decent desktop gaming pc for pcvr.

Alternatively, just enjoy standalone mobile VR with your Q2.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Oh well that laptop is fine for gaming but will struggle with Vr depending on how demanding each game is, and it has no headroom for future Vr games. 😞

CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.