cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leap Motion Unity Development 101

alexcolgan
Protege
fq4wubwcn95a.gif

Last week, I published an overview on the Leap Motion Unity Core Assets and Modules, and figured this would be a good place to share it.

Using these assets, you can start building right away with features like custom-designed hands, user interfaces, and event triggers. Each Module is designed to unlock new capabilities in your VR project, and work with others for more advanced combinations.

The post is here: http://blog.leapmotion.com/unity-core-assets-101-start-building-vr-project/

I'd love to know what you think, and what kinds of modules and features you'd like to see next!
Head writer @ Leap Motion
15 REPLIES 15

heynewt
Protege
Hey, we're developing some VR training material.  Was waiting on Touch implementation, but this could offer actual hand articulation, which we hadn't thought of before.  The first thing that jumped out at me was the forward weight of the sensor.  Does it make the Rift uncomfortably heavy in front?

OpticKing
Expert Trustee
@heynewt the additional weight is pretty much not noticeable, as long as you have the rifts straps properly adjusted so it's distributed between cheekbone/forehead and the back of your head.

heynewt
Protege
Ok, good.  Will likely by the SDK, given the relative affordability.  One more question: I don't understand how it tracks hands/fingers.  Do you wear special gloves, and are the gloves themselves wired?

OpticKing
Expert Trustee
There are no gloves involved, just the leap motion and your hands. This may help answer your question as to how it tracks. http://blog.leapmotion.com/hardware-to-software-how-does-the-leap-motion-controller-work/

ColinB
Adventurer
Great stuff!
And with FSX and the CV1, it's magical.

Master_FR0
Honored Guest
Hey all I'm having trouble learning to manually transpose the position of the hands before rendering. Any Clues on how to use the Hand List to do this while running Orion?