cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link cable does not connect properly

M4jster
Honored Guest

Hi, I recently purchased an Oculus Link cable which I thought was faulty at the time. I sent this cable back and got a new one which is also not working properly. I've tried almost everything to fix it. I disabled all unnecessary background processes in Task Manager, updated the USB drivers, reinstalled the Oculus drivers, plugged in every USB 3.0 port I had and every time I tried to start it I set the priority of "OVRServer.x64" to high. Nothing helped, please help me quickly, I will add that the cable is from VortexVR with only good reviews, and the computer is new, one year old and compliant with Oculus requirements, just like the cable. The VortexVR company from which I got the cable advised me all this as well as the rest of the internet, but nothing helped. They also advised me to use the Oculus Debug Tool to fix this issue, however the link to the post on how to use this cable repair tool on the Oculus Forum shows me: "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action. Click your browser's Back button to continue." I have no idea what to do to get to this post with the solution, so if anyone knows how to fix this with the Oculus Debug Tool, knows any other way to fix the cable, or suspects I did one of these things wrong, please instruct me how to do it.Thank you in advance and best regards, Tadeusz.

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @M4jster  .  Have you used Air Link in the past?

Just checking - when you go to Quick Settings, then Quest Link, at the top, do you have the Use Air Link button toggled, as per the image below?  It's an obvious one but easily overlooked.

If so, disable that to use cable.

Quest Link.jpg

Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Also, another option that sometimes gets missed is when the pop up appears asking if you 'want the connected device to access files' you need to select 'Deny', it seems maybe counter intuitive, but Link needs to have complete control, so allowing file access disables Link. This pop-up seems to appear twice on my headset when I'm Linking up, which is a little annoying.

kojack
MVP
MVP

The debug tool only has quality and performance related options for link cables, there's nothing in there to fix cable connections. If you were getting bad framerate, you could use it to help, but if you can't connect at all it won't help.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2