cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main monitor in headset

Propainkiller87
Level 2
This might sound confusing at first but here goes.

I have been playing City Car Driving and not all of the prompts show up in the headset and will only show up on the monitor. Is there an applet that will allow you to have a floating window that is your main monitor. Like Picture in Picture?

Hopefullt that made sense.
5 REPLIES 5

LZoltowski
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Yes! ... if you opt into the HOME 2.0 beta in the Oculus App

1aauq4vpm6mg.jpg

Then while in game, click the oculus logo button on your right controller, select the Desktop icon (rightmost icon on the dash next to the Oculus Store icon)

This will bring up your dektop, now grab the window, pull it out, position and scale it how you would like and click the little PIN icon on the bottom right.

Now go back into the game, and the desktop will stay there.

NOTE: This is a Windows 10 only feature.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Propainkiller87
Level 2
Ok. Now this may sound stupid but I have an older rift that did not come with the touch controllers. Is there any way to get this in game without the controllers?

LZoltowski
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Ok. Now this may sound stupid but I have an older rift that did not come with the touch controllers. Is there any way to get this in game without the controllers?

Unfortunately, I have no Idea.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

TwoHedWlf
Level 11

Yup,  buy the touch controllers. ::smile:

VizualStudio
Level 2

TwoHedWlf said:

Yup,  buy the touch controllers. ::smile:

This post comes to you sponsored by the Oculus Sales and Marketing department 😛