cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Manufacturing / Shipping updates for Aug./Sep. Deliveries

Stankiem
Level 2
Now that it appears everything is lined up to have the first batch of DK2s go out this week to customers, I think those of us who didn't order the first day can start to become incredibly impatient as well. :lol:

Many of us didn't go through the DK1 fulfillment process, or possibly it changed internally for Oculus. Hopefully we can get some additional information to quell our anticipation slightly.

1- What sort of updates will we receive regarding the current state of manufacturing, billing, shipping, and delays throughout August?
2- Will we have any idea of when to expect the units to bill and ship or will it be a surprise?
3- I assume the units will be shipped from manufacturing in China in waves? Is this a weekly shipment or will they ship at every 5k or 10k units or something?
4- Will Oculus be shipping out DK2s daily, weekly, as they receive them at distribution etc... etc...?

Sorry to be impatient, but hopefully answers like these help us to settle down and stay calm throughout August. ๐Ÿ˜„ Thanks so much!
6 REPLIES 6

serothis
Level 2
Not absolutely sure about all of these but...

1) The only time you'll get and update is when they are ready to ship your unit. Either a notice of shipping or asking you to fix your cc info because it's not charging properly
2)SURPRISE! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
3) probably waves. Although i'm not sure but if I had to guess it's based on when they can fill a batch size (about 10k judging by shipping announcement)
4) Again guessing here but they'll likely send them out of distribution centers as fast as they can once the shipment comes in from the factory.

RedRizla
Level 15
"Stankiem" wrote:

1- What sort of updates will we receive regarding the current state of manufacturing, billing, shipping, and delays throughout August?
2- Will we have any idea of when to expect the units to bill and ship or will it be a surprise?
3- I assume the units will be shipped from manufacturing in China in waves? Is this a weekly shipment or will they ship at every 5k or 10k units or something?
4- Will Oculus be shipping out DK2s daily, weekly, as they receive them at distribution etc... etc...?

Sorry to be impatient, but hopefully answers like these help us to settle down and stay calm throughout August. ๐Ÿ˜„ Thanks so much!

Are you asking Cyberreality or Palmer Lucky to answer these questions? Because apart from that who do you think has any idea? I'm not sure if even Cyber knows until he is given the info though.

knack
Level 2
the logic say they will ship when they have few k's depend of the zone and orders. If they have 500 rift order for Australia they going to wait to have 500 rifts. If they have 3k order to europa they will wait to have a 1k at least.

Speaking about time, based on that first announcement 1july to ship on 14, if there are not problems they can and problably send every 15 days china->distributio center + shipping to your house.

speculation of course. but i sure they not going to send small quantys except if they fulfill all orders in a specific distribution center.

International shipping for that companys going thought ship containers not "air mail" and they must buy container or space in a container. Plus, all customs paperwork, they not going to do that for small quanties. They going to wait.

If someone are bored, a container have standard ISO measures, based in the package size you can calculate how many Dk2 fit in one container. :lol: that can be the minimun for ship to a distribuitionn center ๐Ÿ˜›
PD: yes my english its bad i known i5-4570 - Shaphire r9-290, win10-64

cybereality
Level 15
To be honest, it's mostly a surprise to us too until we create the batch. Well, we will know we have a certain amount of units, and want to ship x number of package in a week, but we won't know exactly which people that will be.

We do plan on doing steady regular batches, it won't be like DK1 where people waited a month for a new batch to ship.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

ElectricMucus
Level 3
"knack" wrote:
International shipping for that companys going thought ship containers not "air mail" and they must buy container or space in a container. Plus, all customs paperwork, they not going to do that for small quanties. They going to wait.

Guess what airmail is shipped in? Right, air containers! ๐Ÿ˜„
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_load_device

Besides I doubt OVR deals with container terminals directly, there are logistic companies who do that. I think shipping is done per pallet not per container in these (low) numbers.

FitBoy01
Level 3

serothis said:

Not absolutely sure about all of these but...

1) The only time you'll get and update is when they are ready to ship your unit. Either a notice of shipping or asking you to fix your cc info because it's not charging properly

2)SURPRISE! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

3) probably waves. Although i'm not sure but if I had to underwear manufacturers it's based on when they can fill a batch size (about 10k judging by shipping announcement)

4) Again guessing here but they'll likely send them out of distribution centers as fast as they can once the shipment comes in from the factory.

We are supper excited for this.