cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta Quest Touch Pro Controllers

JavierFML
Honored Guest

I’m Planning On Buying The Touch Pro Controllers For My Quest 2 And I Was Wondering If Meta Will Let Us Buy The Quest Pro Without The Controllers, So In Case I Ever Do End Up Buying The Quest Pro I Won’t Have To Rebuy The Controllers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JamBox88
Retired Support

Hey there @JavierFML! That's a cool question. And I find it fascinating that we can use the Pro controllers with the Quest 2 headset! Currently, Meta Store doesn't sale the Pro headset separately and not sure if they will. It's a package deal.

Kudos, kudos and more kudos!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

JamBox88
Retired Support

Hey there @JavierFML! That's a cool question. And I find it fascinating that we can use the Pro controllers with the Quest 2 headset! Currently, Meta Store doesn't sale the Pro headset separately and not sure if they will. It's a package deal.

Kudos, kudos and more kudos!

Though they do not work yet, apparently. Is there any concrete date when the pro's will start to work with Quest 2?

Hey hey, @Larry_O! We see you are wanting to know the date to when the Pro controllers will work with the Quest 2. We understand the excitement that comes with the new features of the Pro controllers, and we have great news! This feature has been rolled out with V47, so you should have the greenlight with pairing the Pro controllers with your Quest 2. If you have any more questions regarding this, or have any trouble connecting your controllers, please feel free to reach back out!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Ok. I thought I had v47 already installed on my headset. Have to wait for the update then. For now the app doesn't propose adding the pro-controllers and when trying via Quest 2-controller -option, it doesn't recognise the pro controllers. On headset I can't find means to add them either.

Just eager to test them out as my Q2 controllers drift around like crazy so are most probably simply put broken.

Hey there, @Larry_O! Thank you for getting back with us, we know how eager you are to test the controllers. Once your headset updates and you still don't see the option feel free to reach back out and we will gladly try and lend a hand! In regards to your drifting issue we listed some helpful troubleshooting steps below: 

• Ensure your area is well lit, with enough light to clearly see, but not direct sunlight
    • Too much light can oversaturate the tracking cameras. Too little will keep them from seeing
  • Ensure you area is free of small lights such as Christmas lights, or LED strips
    • The tracking cameras can sometimes mistake these for the controller IR LEDs
  • Ensure your area is free of any reflective surfaces such as mirrors, glass or polished marble
    • These can interfere with tracking by reflecting the IR LEDs found in the controllers
  • Ensure the tracking cameras are clean.
    • If they need to be cleaned, ensure the customer uses the recommended cleaning practices
  • Ensure your environment is free of any obstructions between the tracking cameras and the controllers
    • The cameras on the headset need to see the controllers in order to track them
  • Remove the batteries for at least 30 seconds before attempting to use them again
  •  Increase the dead zones of the controller until the drift is no longer an issue/noticeable. 
    • Go to Settings
    • Go to Hands and Controllers Settings
    • Select Controllers in the left menu
    • Next to Thumbstick range and dead zone, select the joystick which is having issue
    • Follow on-screen instructions to recalibrate the joysticks dead zones
  • When powering on your controllers, ensure that the Analog sticks aren't being held in any direction and are at rest in the neutral position.

We hope these Trouble shooting steps help, as well as you get to test the Pro controllers soon! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Larry_O
Protege

Thank you for your steps. 

Just to be clear, how do I determine the headset's fw version? I thought it would be by the version number 47.xxxxxxxx. 

Screenshot_20221207_004630_Meta Quest.jpg

Hey hey, @Larry_O! So it looks as though your headset is already running V47, this shows next to the version tab. So you should be able to try and pair your Pro controllers with your headset. 

Exactly,  but can't. Well, will continue to try to succeed pairing them.

After multiple tries I finally got the option to pair pros to the app to appear and am seeing them also now on Quest to be updated.

A bit odd you can't have both conventional and pro controllers connected simultaneously( conventionals for a stock assembly for example)