cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta is the best vr/social media/ar company I have ever seen in my life!

Nate135
Explorer

Dear Meta, This ones for you. since 2019 when the quest first came out, I have been marveled at your company. It has inspired me to create software and games, I thought I never could! I have learned so much from you guys, not to mention the customer support. I have never contacted anyone in the support field more kind then the Meta support team, you guys are amazing! I have done a lot of research so that if I come into contact with anyone who needs help, I can help them! I have even made plans to send an application to work for RecRoom support services. I would just like to thank you guys for being the company that we can trust!

-Nathan Viar

9 REPLIES 9

AliceinVRworld
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Ahhh! I am so happy you are having an awesome experience with the devices! Omg stop that is amazing! I hope everything goes as how you want it to be and many successes! 🎉 We appreciate you being part of this awesome community and best of wishes!

We are all mad here.

Heikki3d3
Explorer

It's painfully obvious you have not had to use the  "services" of Meta's customer support. I had five pairs of Quest VR glasses, three of which bricked when being updated. Since then, the glasses have been traveling between Finland and Ireland with no relief in the issue whatsoever. 

But yes, I wish you never need to use their customer service.

DarrenJames00
Protege

Better get that application in before Meta has their next quarterly financial report. 

Heikki3d3
Explorer

I just requested my University accounting department for the receipts of the five pairs of Oculus 1's to demand reimbursement.

Meta has not been able to fix the glasses after 50 emails and three shipments of the units to Ireland and back.

For the life of me I can't understand how can it possibly be so hard for them to get their act together. My theory is that they play on getting me to buy Oculus 2 units now that Oculus 1 units are bricked after a system update.

That won't work, because I am now in the process of buying any other brand of VR glasses that actually work.

Sorry it took me so long! I have no problems in my history with META/OCULUS support. The devices on the other hand, Is not bad but could use work. My device has a couple hundred hours on it, and does not run as fast as it used to. Which is not a good thing. Quest 2 btw.

Sorry for taking so long! Really though, You guys have made a colossal impact on my skills in the electronics field! Thank you!

Not going to lie, the quest 1, is just bad by todays standards. And is partly just meta showing people that, yes standalone VR is possible. That's why the quest 2 came out just one year later, it's better in so many ways. But, with the quest 3 about to come out, The quest 2 is starting to lose the "todays standards" battle. So, you made a good choice holding off on the quest 2, and sticking with the quest 1. I can understand why you are upset with meta. But, you have got to be honest, Meta can't afford to keep taking care of a headset that is almost 4 years old, not to mention, that compared to the quest 2, the quest 1 has no where near the same amount of users. So, that is why the support team is not as responsive, They have to take more time to understand what is going on and how to fix it, Simply because it's not as easy as for example, looking at a crash report, Meta no longer supports the quest 1 connection servers, due to Meta trying to save money for further advancement in the rapidly increasing demand for more devices, software updates and games. not including the extremely demanding support field. Same with broken hardware, The quest 1 Electronics, headstraps, lenses etc, are no longer in production and finding parts to help fix the problem is not as easy as Meta placing in a parts order. Yes, I know this was a lot, but Meta is trying there best, like any other company, (smaller than apple and amazon of course) I would just wait for the quest 3 so all of the problems you had with the quest 1 will be gone. 

Bets of luck- Nathan Viar :3

I wouldn't be here complaining about this if it weren't Meta's own update that broke the glasses.

And looking at the exorbitant profit Meta is making, I won't accept it that they cannot support their own products. If they still issue updates, they better work. When they stop supporting these, I'll just use them as they are, but it is unacceptable to get units bricked by updates. 

You mentioned that the Quest 2 is a significant improvement over its predecessor and that Meta's focus is now shifting towards the upcoming Quest 3. It's understandable that supporting older hardware becomes more challenging as newer devices and technologies are introduced. While it can be frustrating for users experiencing issues with older models, it's important to consider the company's priorities, resources, and the need to allocate them efficiently. Waiting for the release of the Quest 3 could be a viable option for those seeking a more advanced and supported VR experience. Regards