cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movies

Sheedee3d
Honored Guest
I had a Samsung Gear VR a couple of years ago and i watched a couple of movies on it...but the quality and resolution of the movies was far from good.

I hear that watching movies with the Occulus Rift is much better quality...is this true?...because i dont want to pay so much money for the Rift and afterwards be disappointed.

Has any one had experience watching movies with the Rift?...is it worth it?...

5 REPLIES 5

DTH
Heroic Explorer
I used my Gear VR for about a month and tried a Rift demo at the store.  Now I own a Rift.  Had to get a new system but was well worth the money.  You feel more into VR and any movies or games.

Paddy234
Protege
Has the quality of the new gear VR improved to the Rift level?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I heard Gear VR is better then the Rift when it comes to watching movies. God Rays in the Rift can be a little distracting when it comes to watching movies. I believe you can watch 3D movies in the Rift though.

Nekto2
Superstar
Resolution in Rift is not much better. But you have positional tracking. While you shift you head it seems that image quality is better. You could turn on 2x rendering multiplier (you need top video card). It helps.
But still it is worse then 4k big flat screen.
Test it before you buy.

lovethis said:

I heard Gear VR is better then the Rift when it comes to watching movies. God Rays in the Rift can be a little distracting when it comes to watching movies. I believe you can watch 3D movies in the Rift though.

Long time Gear VR user here - had the Innovator for S6 and the first consumer one - i've read that so much, but i disagree.

edit:  Well, i believe the clarity of image on the Rift is better, but the Gear VR is better because you're not tethered.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3