cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a way to easily distinguish between games that are sitting only, or standing/roomscale.

WarpedTrekker
Expert Protege

Right now, it is a chore to see if a game supports sitting, or requires standing/roomscale. You have to go into your apps, click the details of the game and scroll to the game page to see what it supports. Even then, I've tried playing some games that say they support sitting, but put objects below your waist level that you can't grab while sitting on a chair or couch. We need a better way to manage these games. Maybe add icons to each game icon, that has symbols for sitting, standing, room scale. That way each game would be easily identifiable.

6 REPLIES 6

Ebows
Protege

I don’t think it’s to hard to go into your library and see what games you can play while seated. You’re literally just opening and tapping a couple of tabs...

falken76
Expert Consultant

Steam already does this.  Oculus copies everything steam does so it'll eventually be on the oculus store.

falken76_0-1615126698659.png

Yes either some filter or just an icon on the Oculus game dashboard next to each game.

Pepperstar1931
Honored Guest

agree. i have this all the time. its too low to grab. 

Two years later and we still have no icons to distinguish sitting standing roomscale games.

Still no added fix from Meta. At this point may get a new Steam headset, if Meta wont listen to their users. Do they even have a testing team that has brains that can think about stuff like this that is missing? its an easy fix just adding icons to each game in the game list and also in the store.