cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user, can't create thread - PLEASE READ THIS

cybereality
Grand Champion
NEW USERS SHOULD BE FULL MEMBERS AFTER CREATING ONE POST. IF YOU HAVE ISSUES CREATING A THREAD OR POSTING, PLEASE PM ME. THANKS

*** Below is the original post, but see above for the latest requirements. ***

Due to an ongoing problem with spam, we have enacted certain restrictions for new members. As a new member, you will be restricted from creating new threads/topics, and unable to use BBCode in your posts.

Please contribute to existing threads first, to obtain a certain amount of posts before you become a full member.

You may use the search function to find relevant threads to post in. Most likely someone else has posted a similar problem, and you may even find there is already a solution.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but this should make for a better spam-free experience for everyone.

UPDATE: The number of posts needed to become a full member is 3.
See here for some help making your first few posts:
https://developer.oculus.com/forums/vie ... 100#p49840

UPDATE 2: You can also PM me with a message telling me who you are or why you want to make a post on the forums, and I can make you a full member. Also, if you have purchased a Rift with the same email as on the developer center, just let me know and that will be enough to make you a full member. I just want to be sure you are not a spammer. Thanks.

UPDATE 3: The post requirement has been lifted. Everyone should be able to create topics now.

UPDATE 4: Spam has returned, so now the 3 post requirement has returned as well.

UPDATE 5: Spam has gone away for now, so I removed the requirements.

UPDATE 6: New users only need 1 post before becoming full members.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
966 REPLIES 966

GreatestPosterE
Honored Guest
THIS IS STUPID!

It says "You cannot make another post so soon after your last." I've never made a post. NAZIS

skyler2016
Honored Guest
I not a bot

naplandgames
Explorer
obligatory post so I can use forum. If only there were a way to solve this like captcha or email verification 😛

laurenth
Honored Guest
Test

Pothuset
Honored Guest
If that's what it takes to get rid of spam, it's okay with me.

nitsan
Sightseer
It took a while to find that.... Hope I can now post a real question!

benmersive
Explorer
Posting here to give myself full access. Seems as good a place as any. Thanks.

ImmerXcell
Honored Guest
"benmersive" wrote:
Posting here to give myself full access. Seems as good a place as any. Thanks.

What he said

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
I just wanted to request that we increase the post amount for new users so to avoid spam. I think it should more like 50 post.

And I'm a new user, i've only been on this forum for the past week and not posted many times but I will use these forums going forward so I would like to see the forums in good shape and not full of immature people spamming.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

BennyArbel
Honored Guest
Ok