cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user, can't create thread - PLEASE READ THIS

cybereality
Level 15
NEW USERS SHOULD BE FULL MEMBERS AFTER CREATING ONE POST. IF YOU HAVE ISSUES CREATING A THREAD OR POSTING, PLEASE PM ME. THANKS

*** Below is the original post, but see above for the latest requirements. ***

Due to an ongoing problem with spam, we have enacted certain restrictions for new members. As a new member, you will be restricted from creating new threads/topics, and unable to use BBCode in your posts.

Please contribute to existing threads first, to obtain a certain amount of posts before you become a full member.

You may use the search function to find relevant threads to post in. Most likely someone else has posted a similar problem, and you may even find there is already a solution.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but this should make for a better spam-free experience for everyone.

UPDATE: The number of posts needed to become a full member is 3.
See here for some help making your first few posts:
https://developer.oculus.com/forums/vie ... 100#p49840

UPDATE 2: You can also PM me with a message telling me who you are or why you want to make a post on the forums, and I can make you a full member. Also, if you have purchased a Rift with the same email as on the developer center, just let me know and that will be enough to make you a full member. I just want to be sure you are not a spammer. Thanks.

UPDATE 3: The post requirement has been lifted. Everyone should be able to create topics now.

UPDATE 4: Spam has returned, so now the 3 post requirement has returned as well.

UPDATE 5: Spam has gone away for now, so I removed the requirements.

UPDATE 6: New users only need 1 post before becoming full members.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
966 REPLIES 966

nymb
Level 3
Good to know...

pedestal
Level 2
I guess i just have to be more active at commenting then *sigh :roll:

method4ever
Level 2
Guess I will post my question in here and pray for a response seeing as we can't create a topic.. Does the head tracking (like hl2) move the cross hair with it? Like if I look left will the crosshairs follow? Just trying to figure out how aiming works. I just purchased mine and expect it next month! Woohoo!

Side-note: 10 postings in the form of replies seems a lot easier for a bot than a catches being used.

method4ever
Level 2
*captcha - post two.

Jose
Level 7
It looks like restricted users have blue usernames.

May I suggest that another color be used? Every time I see a blue person I immediately think that they are a new moderator or something.

method4ever
Level 2
Smart idea! (Post 3/10)

Guess I will post my question in here and pray for a response seeing as we can't create a topic.. Does the head tracking (like hl2) move the cross hair with it? Like if I look left will the crosshairs follow? Just trying to figure out how aiming works. I just purchased mine and expect it next month! Woohoo!

*prays for a response/answer*

Jose
Level 7
[edit: I just realized that by responding to method4ever, I'm further derailing this thread and giving him an opportunity to artificially boost his post count.]

method4ever
Level 2
I suppose I couldn't have tried researching using the search button, or googling reviews, or tutorials on set up and realizing I couldn't find a concrete enough answer to determine whether or not I should pick up the Razer Hydra as well for aiming. :roll: So yes I already did and just wasn't satisfied with the responses I got that left it open with little to no explanation.

Anyways I just think the whole ten posts prior to being able to create a posting isn't more secure than using a captcha based form of authentication which bothers me. :roll: Anyways thanks for the response I will hold off on spending the 85$ for the hydra and determine if I really need it to assist with aiming after I receive my dev kit.

(post 5/10 - half way there!)

Anonymous
Not applicable
"method4ever" wrote:

Side-note: 10 postings in the form of replies seems a lot easier for a bot than a catches being used.

Check out this if you haven't already. They do some great testing as to different aiming in TF2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P50fvL_EWYY

method4ever
Level 2
Very cool video! I am going to watch it now. I just want the best experience game-wise and don't want to buy a hydra if I do not need it/it doesn't add the desired effect to game play. I am attending a school for game design and want my first game designed to support the Oculus Rift, this form of technology excites me so very much due to the possibilities, I am hoping one day for an MMO similar to Sword Art Online where we can use this to immerse ourselves in a full blown 3D world - heck I would settle for EverQuest Next support!

(Post 6/10)