cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No audio from Rift S with 3.9 beta

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
Rolled back to 3.8, low and behold, sound works. Not sure why this happens for me and not everyone, but I can't even check out the 3.9 beta...no sound! Oculus Home devices tab shows no audio, and nothing works to fix it.
I unplugged /plugged back in the audio cable, I reset Oculus Home, I ran Windows sound trouble shooter, nothing worked except rolling back to 3.8.

/disappointed

I hope this gets seen by who ever it needs to be seen by. I hope 3.9 doesnt go live with this bullshit.
6 REPLIES 6

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
Still doesn't work. No answer from Oculus what so ever. I even tried different USB ports.  Why me? : /

bryandimino1
Explorer
I've got the same issue unfortunately

bryandimino1
Explorer
How do you roll back?

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar

How do you roll back?

Just opt out of the beta.

But it turned out to be a Windows update that fixed it. However, now Oculus says I should update my USB driver ( which is nonsense as it's the newest), and it works fine so I ignore it.

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
Aaaaaaaaaaaand no sound in Rift S again. Thought it was  lack of a windows update, cuz it fixed its self after I updated to a cumulative update,  now the issue is back.

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
Issue resolved by changing USB ports to another of the exact same type of port...

I mean really? Just how trashy is Oculus software? And wtf @ the recommendation to update my USB driver? No, I'm fine thanks.