cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCULUS for PC

ERMATT
Honored Guest

In the first time, I can't connect the Ocolus quest 2 at the PC for the GPU compatibility [my GPU (NVIDIA GeForce MX350) isn't in the schedule]. anyway I've tried to re-install the problem and now it's give me an error during the final part, someone can help me? My CPU isn't too bad bruh :'(

ERMATT_0-1669780371782.png

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey ERMATT. We see you are having issues installing our Home Desktop app. We understand how inconvenient this may be, but no worries, we will do all that we can to get you into the world of PCVR!

See that you are using a non-compatible GPU, we do want to inform you that there is little to no help when trying to troubleshoot this issue, as a compatible hardware is a requirement to play PCVR and to install the desktop app. You can read up more on the requirements here.

Hope this information was useful, and please let us know if anymore concerns in the future. Thank you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello! I have the same problem: I cannot link Quest 2 to my laptop with the Meta Quest Link. I also have the official cable of 5m.

My GPU is the NVIDIA GeForce MX350. I bought it just last year. Now I have to do a project for the university and my PC cannot link. I should deliver a project and develop an app for VR. How could I continue the work? Is there a solution? 

The problem I found is when I connect my PC with Quest 2 with the cable. It seems like they are founding each other but they don't connect. And also there is this red alert. I don't know how to proceed with the project delivery. Do you have some help?

Oculus 29_04_2023 14_09_54.png

Oculus 29_04_2023 14_10_40.png

Hey there @chulla, we are popping on by since we see there is a big of a hiccup in getting your PCVR experience up and running. We understand how important this university project is for you. Don't worry, we will help you all that we can, so that you may be able to finish developing this VR project with our headset!

Below are some troubleshooting steps we would like for you to try.

Repair the Oculus PC Application:

• Go to www.oculus.com/setup and click Download Oculus software.
  • Select Repair.
    • If Windows asks you if you’re sure you want to open this file, click Yes.
    • If Windows Defender prompts Windows protected your PC, click More info and then click Run anyway.
    • If your antivirus software restricts the file from opening, temporarily disable your AV and continue.
      Please remember to re-enable your antivirus software once you've completed the repair.
  • Allow the repair process to run, download and install.
  • Launch the Oculus app.

USB power settings:

• Open Device Manager.
  • Locate your USB ports - Expand the universal serial bus controller section at the bottom of the list. Look for the "USB 3.0/3.1/3.10 eXtensible" items.
  • Right click and select Properties.
  • Navigate to Power Management.
  • Ensure that the options to save power are deselected.

Selective Suspending:

• Right-click Start
  • Click Power Options
  • Click Additional Power Settings
  • Click Change plan settings
  • Click Change Advanced Power Settings
  • Find USB Settings
  • Make sure that Selective Suspend Setting is set to Disabled, and not Enabled.

We hope this help, please let us know if any changes occur, thank you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

First of all, I want to say thank you for your collaboration and your attention to clients.
Unfortunately, I followed the process you explained, but it didn't work. The problem is pretty much the same as before. It says there is no compatibility between the devices due to the GPU.
Do you have some other suggestions? Honestly, I don't know how to proceed.

Hmm, guess we'll have to kick it up a notch. 

Here are some more troubleshooting steps that pertains to GPU.

Manually assign the GPU:

1. Close the Oculus Desktop software
  2. Open Windows Settings > System > Display > Graphics Settings
  3. Select Classic App from the drop down and click Browse
  4. Select the OculusClient.exe
    (By default, this will be installed C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\OculusClient.exe)
  5. Click Options > High Performance > Save
    Ensure the "High Performance" option has your dedicated graphics at the top of this menu.

Set Oculus Process Priority:

1. Open Task Manager
  2. Go to the Details tab
  3. Find OVRServer_x64.exe
  4. Right click on it and select Set Priority
  5. Set this priority to High

Let us know how this goes!

It says again, my graphic card is not able to connect with this technology.

@chulla wrote:

Hello! I have the same problem: I cannot link Quest 2 to my laptop with the Meta Quest Link. I also have the official cable of 5m.

My GPU is the NVIDIA GeForce MX350. I bought it just last year. Now I have to do a project for the university and my PC cannot link. I should deliver a project and develop an app for VR. How could I continue the work? Is there a solution? 

The problem I found is when I connect my PC with Quest 2 with the cable. It seems like they are founding each other but they don't connect. And also there is this red alert. I don't know how to proceed with the project delivery. Do you have some help?

There are two main issues here.

First: Link (and Airlink) have a limited set of GPUs they are compatible with. As posted above, these are: https://www.meta.com/en-gb/help/quest/articles/headsets-and-accessories/oculus-link/meta-quest-link-...

Any GPU that isn't in there (like the MX350) can't be guaranteed to be compatible.

Second: the MX350 is far below the performance requirement. An MX350 is less than half the performance of a GTX970, which was the minimum GPU for the 2016 Rift CV1. The Quest 2 has higher resolution than the Rift CV1 and Link adds another performance hit on top (video stream encoding using the GPU).

As for development, that's potentially easier. Does the project have to be PC based, or can you do it as a native Quest app?

If native Quest is ok, then it should be fine. You don't need any particular GPU to connect a Quest 2 to a PC to upload builds. It will be a bit more annoying to quickly test (you need to build and upload to see changes), but that's how we had to do Go and Quest development before Link came out. 🙂

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?